GDT: Leafs @ Sabres - Thu. 7 pm ET, Dec 21, 2023, MSG-B 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

He certainly has not lost the room 

This is key.  Now the players need to put up or shut up.  The winning streak has to come from them. The only chance of getting back in is a good streak and consistency.   

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

It is clear that when we play a team with a coach that has any idea at all how to coach, we lose. Likewise, when we play a team like the Laughs whose coach is worse then Donnie and these yteams let us play "our" game which of course is no defense and who scores the most, we typically win. heck even Colorado keeps losing becuase they do not adjust, just go out and think they will win just as we do.  Tonight's game proves this team can and will win when allowed toplay their game. The BIG problem is that most other teams have goo dcoaches who adjust and play a trap style which nullifies our offense just about every time. And yes, we are a young team(I know some hate to hear that but it is true) who has not learned how to adjust to other teams yet when they adjust (if that makes any sense).

Anyways, Merry Christrmas! I am sure the Rangers will be scrooge and shoot down our hopes again so we can get back to trash talking the team yet again...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

It is clear that when we play a team with a coach that has any idea at all how to coach, we lose. Likewise, when we play a team like the Laughs whose coach is worse then Donnie and these yteams let us play "our" game which of course is no defense and who scores the most, we typically win. heck even Colorado keeps losing becuase they do not adjust, just go out and think they will win just as we do.  Tonight's game proves this team can and will win when allowed toplay their game. The BIG problem is that most other teams have goo dcoaches who adjust and play a trap style which nullifies our offense just about every time. And yes, we are a young team(I know some hate to hear that but it is true) who has not learned how to adjust to other teams yet when they adjust (if that makes any sense).

Anyways, Merry Christrmas! I am sure the Rangers will be scrooge and shoot down our hopes again so we can get back to trash talking the team yet again...

Hope? 

the lord of the rings pippin GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Brawndo said:

He certainly has not lost the room 

I, like you, don't believe that the HC has lost the room. However, what I can say is that there isn't a HC in the league whose team entered the season with such high expectations wouldn't be in a precarious job situation. That's the way it works in this bottom-line business. If the players are upset that there were calls for their coach to be fired, it is because of their desultory play. The Sabres already are in a desperate catch-up mode because of their lackluster and up and down play. In a long season with 82 regular season games you are always going to have games that are clunkers. That's normal. But when a team has been out of the playoffs for nearly a generation it shouldn't be surprising that the abused fans would expect to see greater urgency from the players. There simply is no excuse for this hideous pattern of up and down play. I'm hoping that the Toronto game was a pivotal game for this team. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

desultory

Great word choice to describe too many Sabre efforts this season… but not last night!

My word choice for last night’s effort?…

Mighty!

2 minutes ago, Believer said:

Great word choice to describe too many Sabre efforts this season… but not last night!

My word choice for last night’s effort?…

Mighty!

I agree that my descriptive word doesn't apply to last night's game. And I agree that your descriptive word, effort, applied last night. However, I am freaking mad that it has applied to too many games in this season. 

It's official, I will not be near a TV that has the game on and the Sabres will win the Cup.

For the past two weeks that's how it's been. So I guess until the Sabres lose two in a row with me not watching I will give in to superstition.

I was actually gaming (playing EASHL 6's) with a guy who works for MLSE. it was entertaining to hear him drop F bomb after F bomb. 

51 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Wow that has to be the dumbest thing i've read.

It's good to know that they'll actually start playing now. 

Honestly I wish someone in the organization had the balls to do this

I think Dahls is Dahlusional. Blame the fans for this teams collective inability to play a 200 ft game? Its the coaches job to coach the team and the teams job to be coachable. Uncoachable teams get coaches fired, not fans.

Edited by bunomatic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

Just now, bunomatic said:

I think Dahls is Dahlusional. Blame the fans for this teams collective inability to play a 200 ft game? Its the coaches job to coachthe team and the teams job to be coachable. Uncoachable teams get coaches fired, not fans.

It's part of growing up.  Sometimes you need to get told your ***** does stink.  Hopefully this causes a lightbulb to click with all of them.

They CAN do it.  And now they have zero excuses.  A fourth line winger, who they brought in an outside replacement to man the fort while he's out injured, is the only player on the roster that isn't healthy enough to go every night.  (Still believe that Thompson definitely and possibly Tuch and Samuelsson aren't close to 100% (maybe even Dahlin with the back issues from last year, he hasn't looked like pre-ASG Dahlin yet this year except in spurts), but we're getting close to the portion of the season that nobody IS 100%.)  They have the players and the coaches that the GM told us are good enough to be contenders.  We need him to be right because they'll need to play like contenders the majority of games the rest of the way to dig out of the hole they dug for themselves.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

I think Dahls is Dahlusional. Blame the fans for this teams collective inability to play a 200 ft game? Its the coaches job to coach the team and the teams job to be coachable. Uncoachable teams get coaches fired, not fans.

The rest of the quote did show Dahls felt it was on them; he wasn't blaming the fans for their play. It was more akin to the team being angry that their problems were being blamed on Granato  

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Man, after watching the high quality goaltending on display for most of those Sabres goals, that game really was the stoppable force vs the movable object. 

I saw the highlights this morning.  Halfway decent goaltending on Toronto’s part and this is a tight game.  I counted 4 goals that were cringy if I am a Toronto goalie.  If the Sabres team is enjoying some hope over that result, it is false hope.  We won’t be seeing that level of incompetence overall by an opponent again any time soon.

1 minute ago, Weave said:

I saw the highlights this morning.  Halfway decent goaltending on Toronto’s part and this is a tight game.  I counted 4 goals that were cringy if I am a Toronto goalie.  If the Sabres team is enjoying some hope over that result, it is false hope.  We won’t be seeing that level of incompetence overall by an opponent again any time soon.

Was it not, at least partially, like looking in the mirror?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.