GDT: Blue Jackets @ Sabres - Tue. 7 pm ET, Dec 19, 2023, MSG-B, BSOH 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

24 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I wouldn't expect much out of Quinn tonight or for the next couple of weeks.  He's recovering from a major injury and missed all of training camp and the first 1/3 of the season so doesn't have his NHL timing yet.

Probably right on this.   It will interesting to see how many minutes he gets tonight.   If he plays strictly with Jost and Olofsson it may be 12 or less.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Probably right on this.   It will interesting to see how many minutes he gets tonight.   If he plays strictly with Jost and Olofsson it may be 12 or less.  

Expecting he'll be pretty much strictly with those 2 and will get PP2 time.

If they really need a push at the end, could see them doubleshifting Mittelstadt or Cozens in place of Jost.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, sabremike said:

If they don't win tonight I really don't want to hear anyone trying to pretend the season isn't dead and buried.

Blah Blah Blah Whatever GIF by Minions

To be honest I'd rather see Krebs on that 3rd line; I think he's more likely to be able to make that a scoring line than Jost.  (Prove me wrong, Jost.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Jack Quinn being added to the 3rd line like:

Rubbing Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

3rd line with Quinn suggests a lower amount of ice time, which makes sense for Jack.  I just hope the medical staff is correct that he can play this soon.

This soon? The injury recovery time was 4-6months and we are at the end of month 6. They've been ramping him up for almost 4 full weeks at this point. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Jack Quinn being added to the 3rd line like:

Rubbing Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

This soon? The injury recovery time was 4-6months and we are at the end of month 6. They've been ramping him up for almost 4 full weeks at this point. 

I really hope this doesn't backfire.    Achilles recovery is no joke, there's countless cases of athletes returning to competition too soon because they feel great, only to re-injure themselves and never be the same.     

My hope was they would proceed cautiously and keep him out until Feb at the earliest.     Fingers crossed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • dislike 1

47 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I really hope this doesn't backfire.    Achilles recovery is no joke, there's countless cases of athletes returning to competition too soon because they feel great, only to re-injure themselves and never be the same.     

My hope was they would proceed cautiously and keep him out until Feb at the earliest.     Fingers crossed.

The fact that he's young is a big thing he has going for him

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I wouldn't expect much out of Quinn tonight or for the next couple of weeks.  He's recovering from a major injury and missed all of training camp and the first 1/3 of the season so doesn't have his NHL timing yet.

Yeah he will definitely need some ramp up time and time to get back into playing condition as well.

Now watch him come out and get a hat trick tonight 😂

Edited by Big Guava

2 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

That's a tough call for DG, I bet. But someone has to sit 

It isn't a tough call. Samuelsson, E Johnson, Clifton, and Jokiharju have all played worse for longer stretches than Ryan Johnson, who btw is 22. Since you mentioned him being young elsewhere, Dahlin and Samuelsson are 23 and Power is 21. So scratching him because he is "young" is quite frankly a bs excuse (not saying that is what you were saying, just wanted to point it out". 

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

It has been 6 months. What's he supposed to do? Ignore the medical experts and his own feelings until some rando on the internet feels it has been long enough?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

It has been 6 months. What's he supposed to do? Ignore the medical experts and his own feelings until some rando on the internet feels it has been long enough?

Pacioretty returned to play at 21 weeks post-op and re-tore it at the 23 week mark.   

Quinn is currently 24 weeks post-op.       

So yeah, color thiis "rando" concerned.

8 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Pacioretty returned to play at 21 weeks post-op and re-tore it at the 23 week mark.   

Okay.. sample size of 1?  Are there others?  Was it even attributed to not being healed fully versus just another incident that would have resulted in the same injury even if it hadn't happened before?

I'm legit asking. While I am reading what you wrote I am also looking over at this Aaron Rodgers scenario wondering...

19 minutes ago, LTS said:

Okay.. sample size of 1?  Are there others?  Was it even attributed to not being healed fully versus just another incident that would have resulted in the same injury even if it hadn't happened before?

I'm legit asking. While I am reading what you wrote I am also looking over at this Aaron Rodgers scenario wondering...

Standard recovery for achilles repair is 6 months (26 weeks).   He's at 24 weeks 5 days.    

I have no medical training nor any specific reason to doubt the Sabres team of medical professionals.... 

I'm simply pointing out that his return, IMO, is sooner than expected and I hope he doesn't re-injure it as a result, ala Pacioretty who re-tore his at 23 weeks post-op.

53 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I’m gonna count the additional five days and round it up to 25 weeks.😄

24 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Standard recovery for achilles repair is 6 months (26 weeks).   He's at 24 weeks 5 days.    

I have no medical training nor any specific reason to doubt the Sabres team of medical professionals.... 

I'm simply pointing out that his return, IMO, is sooner than expected and I hope he doesn't re-injure it as a result, ala Pacioretty who re-tore his at 23 weeks post-op.

But you wrote you would’ve liked him to sit until “Feb at the earliest”. So, given he is 24 weeks 5 days and average is 26 weeks, why would you want him to sit for 31 weeks 0 days “at the earliest”? Sitting until after New Year is debatable, but February is nowhere near anyone’s timelines. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.