GDT: Blue Jackets @ Sabres - Tue. 7 pm ET, Dec 19, 2023, MSG-B, BSOH 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

14 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

This is really said.

The Boos after each period were painful, but well deserved.  Fire Donny chants are sad, but probably what is needed to wake up Pegula.  But I will go on record to blame this once gain on the Big Boss and his minion Kevyn Adams.  

Tomorrow will likely be the bottom.  The place will be 75% Leaves fans. The Sabres players can either play for each other and their coach, or they will once again get killed on home ice.  Another embarrassment will certainly force some change.  

Not so sure about the last sentence. If last night wasn't it...

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Not so sure about the last sentence. If last night wasn't it...

They've bounced back from troubling losses in the past.  Personally would expect that given their working relationship that Adams gives Granato tomorrow night to show he hasn't lost the room.  (And with that being said, watch them call a PC at 4PM introducing Seth Appert as the interim HC.)

Issue is, with 2 kids who both had rough games last night, which goalie has the fortitude to get back on the bronco and not get bucked off against one of the best offenses in the league.  Don't expect UPL will shrug last night's game off quickly enough given how his last start against TO went.  Will Levi hop right back on like he did in Bean Town?  Do they go completely off the board and throw a Hail Mary w/ Comrie getting potentially his last ever start as a Sabre.

Expecting it'll be UPL tomorrow night.  Not convinced that'll be the right call.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

They've bounced back from troubling losses in the past.  Personally would expect that given their working relationship that Adams gives Granato tomorrow night to show he hasn't lost the room.  (And with that being said, watch them call a PC at 4PM introducing Seth Appert as the interim HC.)

Issue is, with 2 kids who both had rough games last night, which goalie has the fortitude to get back on the bronco and not get bucked off against one of the best offenses in the league.  Don't expect UPL will shrug last night's game off quickly enough given how his last start against TO went.  Will Levi hop right back on like he did in Bean Town?  Do they go completely off the board and throw a Hail Mary w/ Comrie getting potentially his last ever start as a Sabre.

Expecting it'll be UPL tomorrow night.  Not convinced that'll be the right call.

At least if they go with Comrie, we're already numb and conditioned to giving up nine goals. 😇

• Haha (+1) 1

Watching the second period. Why? I didn't feel like cutting my thighs with a dull razor again. Gets old.

First minute Cozens and Samuelsson give the puck away in the d zone. What's a coach to do? Probably nothing but in the context of the season and the game and the home record, a coach could also plant one or both on the bench.

The booing was quite remarkable. Not for the intensity but the timing. Being booed during is something new to this Sabres fan. Deserved.

Maybe TaroT can confirm but it sounds like the usual PA guy got the night off. The replacement sounds equally morose.

Why can't there be any life?

• Thanks (+1) 1

Onto my obsession with Brian Duff.

At the very top of the second intermission report, with the fans' booing surely still echoing around the arena, with the Sabres down 7-2, he jokes about the scarf Marty gave him. To Marty's credit he wasn't rude but quickly pivoted to commentary about how unforgivable the NHL is and if you're going to play as poorly defensively as the Sabres did, any team is going to light you up.

Free Marty! Add one more thing to the list of things we need but will not get: someone to play Brian Blessing to Marty's Roby.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Watching the second period. Why? I didn't feel like cutting my thighs with a dull razor again. Gets old.

First minute Cozens and Samuelsson give the puck away in the d zone. What's a coach to do? Probably nothing but in the context of the season and the game and the home record, a coach could also plant one or both on the bench.

The booing was quite remarkable. Not for the intensity but the timing. Being booed during is something new to this Sabres fan. Deserved.

Maybe TaroT can confirm but it sounds like the usual PA guy got the night off. The replacement sounds equally morose.

Why can't there be any life?

It definitely sounded like a different announcer last night.  We missed the off-ice officials announcement in the pregame (we usually do miss that, and not sure if the PA announcer's name gets announced anyhow) so no idea who it was upstairs reading the announcements.

Thought he misread the announcement for the 5th goal.  (Didn't hear which goal he was announcing, but with missing that, listening casually the whole thing sounded identical, right down to the time.)  But it turned out the announcement was correct.  Everything was the same, just the times slightly different.  4th goal, 7:37; 5th goal 7:55.

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

@Thorny

Looks like Pegula U. has found the captain of its cheerleading squad. And he's second year to boot.

"A few chanted for Adams and owner Terry Pegula to fire Sabres coach Don Granato only eight months after he led the franchise to its first 90-point season since 2011."

Goooooooooo Lance!

I'm not doing this again.

You're welcome, SabreSpace.

I’ve been really wanting you to do it lately so what if I asked politely. 

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

@Thorny

Looks like Pegula U. has found the captain of its cheerleading squad. And he's second year to boot.

"A few chanted for Adams and owner Terry Pegula to fire Sabres coach Don Granato only eight months after he led the franchise to its first 90-point season since 2011."

Goooooooooo Lance!

I'm not doing this again.

You're welcome, SabreSpace.

Lance has taken up the mantle on twitter for team shill this year, definitely noticed that. Someone has to, I guess. Even the other usual suspects on that front have abandoned it 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.