GDT: Sabres @ VGK - Fri. 10 pm ET, Dec 15, 2023, MSG-B, SCRIPPS 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well go figure. 

I guess the million dollar question is how do they get these guys to play hard EVERY NIGHT and not just after they get yelled at for a stinker. 

^ This, plus getting Tuch and Thompson to step it up more. Buffalo definitely has a great young goalie in Levi. They still need some sandpaper on defense 

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Get good goaltending to start the game.  Get them believing they'll get the chance to get into a groove.  Levi and UPL CAN do that for them.  The 83rd game question is will they?

You know this kid believes in Levi.  Hoping UPL can continue to do his part as well.

Good goaltending is always the key - which is why this plan has been so............. (fill in whatever expletive you prefer).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Pimlach said:

They don’t win this game without Levi.  They were dominated for at least the first 10 minutes.  They played better as the game went on, every period was progressively better, but Levi really held them in it.  

I get to watch a lot oof hockey up here in Ontario as Sportsnet brings a ton of games and when I watch other teams like the Leafs they too get amazing goaltending night after night (which we have not got to yet...hopefully soon our goaltending will become consistent). I have seen the Leafs be down 10-1 in shots but up 1-0. I really do not care whatsoever what the shots are at the end of the game...we outshot many teams this year and lost. So what! We are just not use to gettting NHL caliber goaltending. Looks like Levi is going to be real good fo rsure!

On another note, it seems like Sportsnet loves the Bruins and have them on lots, and I have to say their announcers are by far the most obnoxious and annoying by far! I often watch just to hope the B's lose so I can hear them whine and make excuses...  

• Thanks (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, French Collection said:

If he was loaned to Canada’s WJ team all of the Euro’s would forfeit the games.

Let the legend of Bennie grow!

He really should have been a top 5 pick. The skating speed is perfectly fine for the NHL and he's an absolute dog.

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Demoted said:

Good to see them crush the Eichel team. This team is so up and down and the ups seem to come against good teams so they have what they need to beat good teams.  They need to find that consistency, this team needs a win streak.

They just need to keep stacking points, win streak or not.

They have 7 out of 10 points now in their last 5 games even tho we may not think so after the Colorado debacle.

Just keep stacking points. Win streak would be nice but does winning then tying then winning really make a difference that much? It's still 5 out of 6 points 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Good goaltending is always the key - which is why this plan has been so............. (fill in whatever expletive you prefer).

Levi led the Charging Buffalo for sure. He had a co-pilot......

Ladies & Gentlemen, I give you the other Charging TaTonka who led The Herd this game.....

BigBallsBenson. 

A player so fearless for his age and stature he knows no fear for going to the net.

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

The enigma strikes again.

Big time wins at the Rangers, Bruins, and Knights. 

One has to wonder if those teams are underestimating us in these games and expect to win? Although Vegas didn’t play poorly. 

Levi for the win for sure, but those goals were crucial. 

Levi can be great. I think UPL has shown he is capable of being good enough. It’s just whether he can be mentally strong enough to play consistently when we need him in order to rest Levi. Goalie psychology is such a big factor and it’s hard to know how that will play out. 

Damn!! This team is so jekyll and Hyde.  I do not get why they cannot string the wins.  Beat the best them look like total dog water. Glad the boys won and hope they can bring it tonight.  Another baking day for me followed by a work day for me tomorrow. Another game I am not watching. Hoping Good Sabres show up tonight.

1 minute ago, Night Train said:

Jekll & Hyde. Now which do we get tonight ??

End of a three game road trip… after an all out effort to beat LV last night… and the humiliating loss to AZ two nights ago… tonight is a character-defining revenge game for us…

Go Sabres!… Beat AZ!

Tell ‘em, Granato… Dig deep… Get the win… Return home triumphant.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.