GDT: Sabres @ VGK - Fri. 10 pm ET, Dec 15, 2023, MSG-B, SCRIPPS 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well go figure. 

I guess the million dollar question is how do they get these guys to play hard EVERY NIGHT and not just after they get yelled at for a stinker. 

Get good goaltending to start the game.  Get them believing they'll get the chance to get into a groove.  Levi and UPL CAN do that for them.  The 83rd game question is will they?

You know this kid believes in Levi.  Hoping UPL can continue to do his part as well.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, ... said:

Does this game happen with Skinner in the lineup?

Let's see what's going on with that line until Skinner returns.  Benson may cement 1LW by then, or may be ready to slip back down a line or two.  But it does seem that the better his linemates are, the better he plays.  I think Skinner will be an asset on any line he plays on when he comes back, but it might not be the first line anymore.

Just now, Doohickie said:

Let's see what's going on with that line until Skinner returns.  Benson may cement 1LW by then, or may be ready to slip back down a line or two.  But it does seem that the better his linemates are, the better he plays.  I think Skinner will be an asset on any line he plays on when he comes back, but it might not be the first line anymore.

Who gets the bench when Skins comes back? That's a tough call right now. 

19 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

This team plays differently with Levi in net. I believe they play better and more aggressive because they believe in him to make the saves. When upl or comrie are in net I believe they already think they are going to loose. And that is why we see two different teams play. Just my personal opinion on this. 

They do, definitely since the 2nd Broons game.  But that wasn't the case earlier in the year.

But, earlier in the year they were playing that way for UPL and not for the other 2 guys.  They played extremely well the last 55 minutes of the 1st Avs game for UPL.  Waaaaay better than they played for Levi in his Rags, Aisles, or the 1st Broon game.

Edited by Taro T

Just now, Porous Five Hole said:

I’m still pretty pumped. Going to pour myself a celebratory bourbon and hope it makes me tired 🥃

Ha, I have a couple beers left. I'm gonna pound them and hope it puts me to sleep. I need rest before I head to Buffalo for the Bills game Sunday.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

Benson is the real deal. Play him with the top guys.

If there was anyway to get rid of Skinner they should do it. Such a disaster defensively. But I don’t see that happening.

Im interested to see where they are with Quinn in the lineup. Robinson looks like a keeper. Hopefully Greenway is back soon.

The backend is still a mess.

Just now, Porous Five Hole said:

Brett freaking Murray for sure. The only reason I noticed him is because he was wearing Miro Satan’s number lol

Dude, I met Brett Murray's mother at an Amerks game. He may not be and NHLer, but he is a runaway train in the AHL. The guy is a beast. One of my favorite Amerks. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Hawerchuk said:

Yes, T Mobile Arena is amazing and its loud in there with all the stuff going on. Sensory overload at times too. However, its one of the most expensive arenas in the league so I only go to several games a year.

I would imagine.  Unfortunately for you. but at least you can experience a good arena.

Did not watch the game... Sabres win. I watched Wed. night with my kid coming home from college.. they lost.  I give up.  I will not watch another game until they lose 2 in a row.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Well Murray obviously.  But then... Jost?  Olofsson?  Okie?  I'm not that worried about that.

Right. I really hope Murray can succeed in Buffalo. He literally owns the AHL. He can do everything, but I'm not sure it will transition to the NHL. He is exactly what the Sabres need. One hell of a big physical forward. He will fight anyone who challenges him, and he has pretty slick scoring ability. 

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Well Murray obviously.  But then... Jost?  Olofsson?  Okie?  I'm not that worried about that.

Prolly Jost. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LTS said:

I would imagine.  Unfortunately for you. but at least you can experience a good arena.

Did not watch the game... Sabres win. I watched Wed. night with my kid coming home from college.. they lost.  I give up.  I will not watch another game until they lose 2 in a row.

Tomorrow might be a good watch purely from a broadcast perspective. I haven’t seen any games on TV from the tiny arena Arizona plays in, but I have to imagine the main camera will be low and feel very close to the ice. 

3 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Tomorrow might be a good watch purely from a broadcast perspective. I haven’t seen any games on TV from the tiny arena Arizona plays in, but I have to imagine the main camera will be low and feel very close to the ice. 

It is... IIRC.  I think I saw one from last year and the camera angle is juicy.  I shall abstain.  I do this for my sanity and my sanity alone. 🙂

45 minutes ago, Taro T said:

If those 2 lines can generate some chemistry, in a couple of weeks they could have a 3rd scoring line with Skinner and Quinn flanking somebody (maybe Krebs?).

That's the problem.  We don't have enough centers if Cozens, Mitts, and TNT all play in the top 6.  I don't think Krebs is a top 9 player.  

50 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well go figure. 

I guess the million dollar question is how do they get these guys to play hard EVERY NIGHT and not just after they get yelled at for a stinker. 

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

images (6).jpeg

It's called COCAINE!!!

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.