Tage likely to miss significant time per Granato

Brawndo

51 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

And there it is 

2 choices for the Sabres 

make a trade for another top forward, using your 24 first and a prospect or two. and sign Kane   OR

bring in all the kids, let them play under DG for the remainder of the year 

Kulich and Rosen now.  Benson and Savoie after the WJC.  
waive Comrie and play UPL and Levi the remainder of the year.  Finish in the bottom 10 and get another high draft pick. OR actually use the pick to bring in a player that can help the team next year   But here we are again "wait till next season" 

Comrie has played better than Levi. They should send Levi to Rochester for some seasoning and go with UPL and Comrie.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I would seriously call the Oilers and make a legit offer for McDavid. Then sign Kane.

More realistic, we could acquire a top 6 Center via trade with picks and prospects and sign Kane

Sure call the Oilers and see whats up. But can we just not sign Kane and roll with Kulich instead? The reason Kulich isn’t up is because of concerns with his 200 foot game, and Patty Kane doesn’t move the needle there either. 

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I would seriously call the Oilers and make a legit offer for McDavid. Then sign Kane.

More realistic, we could acquire a top 6 Center via trade with picks and prospects and sign Kane

maybe You missed the last time I proposed this to you… Unless you just ignored it… So I’ll try again… Because you never answered it yes or no…

I’ll make a friendly wager with you. $50 to a charity of your/my choice.

On ANY NHL team he plays for this season ….

If Patrick Kane gets more than 59 points in the 23-24 regular season, I’ll donate to a well known and established charity of your choice.

If Patrick Kane gets 59 points or less in the 23-24 regular season, you donate to a well known and established charity of my choice.

56 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He sustained a laceration in the first period, the second injury the shot off his hand is what will keep him out 

That’s what I figured.  Thanks.

The horse has already left the barn, bu still — if he’s gonna play PK, shouldn’t TT have gloves, at least for the PK, that are sturdy enough to block point slappers?

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

That’s what I figured.  Thanks.

The horse has already left the barn, bu still — if he’s gonna play PK, shouldn’t TT have gloves, at least for the PK, that are sturdy enough to block point slappers?

Maybe I’m missing something, but I have never seen hockey gloves that were remarkably different from one another. Shinguards yes. Ankle guards yes. Gloves no.

1 hour ago, pastajoe said:

Comrie has played better than Levi. They should send Levi to Rochester for some seasoning and go with UPL and Comrie.

That isn’t happening the Buffalo Sabres are carrying three goalies for the season. Devon Levi gets more experience at the NHL level with major league speed of the game. The AHL is water down today it basically college hockey with a longer schedule. Devon Levi needs to face NHL players to grow as a number one goalie. Than if the Sabres are out of playoff contention by the NHL trade deadline Eric Comrie will be potentially be traded to a playoff team wanting or needing a better backup goalie in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Sabres Super Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

As if the Tuch injury wasn't enough...

Dylan, please find your form.

3 hours ago, SDS said:

Maybe I’m missing something, but I have never seen hockey gloves that were remarkably different from one another. Shinguards yes. Ankle guards yes. Gloves no.

Shooters have gloves with shorter wrist guards to give them more touch with a shot.  The reason a lot of defencemen and defencive forwards have "stone hands" is because their wrist guards are long enough to preclude fine motor control.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

They used to have more wrist protection.

Yes, like the comment from @Marvin the emphasis has been on goal scoring ability and mobility for the wrist area so the protection suffered. Perhaps some time learning defense and how to block shots properly before making the big guy with long reach your PK guy was in order. Maybe a fluke/accident but blocking a shot with your wrist is a bad bad idea. You should be drawing your arm/wrist towards your own body not away from it. 

It's going to give them (and some people here) a lovely excuse argument though to deflect blame from where it really belongs. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Sabres Super Fan said:

That isn’t happening the Buffalo Sabres are carrying three goalies for the season. Devon Levi gets more experience at the NHL level with major league speed of the game. The AHL is water down today it basically college hockey with a longer schedule. Devon Levi needs to face NHL players to grow as a number one goalie. Than if the Sabres are out of playoff contention by the NHL trade deadline Eric Comrie will be potentially be traded to a playoff team wanting or needing a better backup goalie in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

So you want the Sabres to waste games developing a goalie instead of playing those that give them the best chance to win. Yet they sent Matt Savoie back because they didn’t want to use a roster spot to develop him. And the AHL which gave Biron, Miller, Ullmark, and UPL development time, isn’t good enough for Levi. Interesting. 🤔

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

And there it is 

2 choices for the Sabres 

make a trade for another top forward, using your 24 first and a prospect or two. and sign Kane   OR

bring in all the kids, let them play under DG for the remainder of the year 

Kulich and Rosen now.  Benson and Savoie after the WJC.  
waive Comrie and play UPL and Levi the remainder of the year.  Finish in the bottom 10 and get another high draft pick. OR actually use the pick to bring in a player that can help the team next year   But here we are again "wait till next season" 

You can't bring Savoie back. He's not required to play out his Jr season. 

8 hours ago, SDS said:

Remember the OLD gloves from decades ago,,,,had the extra long cuffs on them!  Maybe more protection, but lousy for stickhandling.  🙂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.