So whats the deal with Krebs

steveoat87

Whatever I guess, but Granato's post game presser seemed to suggest more information would be coming early this week.  Fast forward to the "family issues" comment, seems like he could have just as easily said that in the post game presser vs. waiting 2 or three 3 days to give us a nothing burger.  

In other words, he injected more potential drama than he needed to.  Completely unnecessary if you ask me....unless the family issues is made up.

• Disagree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Whatever I guess, but Granato's post game presser seemed to suggest more information would be coming early this week.  Fast forward to the "family issues" comment, seems like he could have just as easily said that in the post game presser vs. waiting 2 or three 3 days to give us a nothing burger.  

In other words, he injected more potential drama than he needed to.  Completely unnecessary if you ask me....unless the family issues is made up.

Drama? How is not saying family issues drama? And drama for who? Fans who wanted to know 2 days ago? Well then Shame on any fan who finds themselves stressed or felt drama from not knowing any details or info when it comes to a players personal life.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

Drama? How is not saying family issues drama? And drama for who? Fans who wanted to know 2 days ago? Well then Shame on any fan who finds themselves stressed or felt drama from not knowing any details or info when it comes to a players personal life.

It implied there was more to it than family emergency. If it’s a family emergency just say it’s a family emergency. Don’t say it’s something you’ll address another time. That’s stupid and unfair to Krebs. 

21 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

Unless at the time there was a situation that needed to play out more before they felt comfortable saying "family issues" which would immediately trigger the media to begin looking for what those family issues were.

20 hours ago, #freejame said:

It implied there was more to it than family emergency. If it’s a family emergency just say it’s a family emergency. Don’t say it’s something you’ll address another time. That’s stupid and unfair to Krebs. 

Implications are your interpretations.  Some people thought he went out drinking with Savoie.  I would not put that at more than a family emergency. Some people thought he was being traded. I would not put that as more than a family emergency.

What would be more than a family emergency?

What is more personal that one's family?  What is more important?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LTS said:

Unless at the time there was a situation that needed to play out more before they felt comfortable saying "family issues" which would immediately trigger the media to begin looking for what those family issues were.

Implications are your interpretations.  Some people thought he went out drinking with Savoie.  I would not put that at more than a family emergency. Some people thought he was being traded. I would not put that as more than a family emergency.

What would be more than a family emergency?

What is more personal that one's family?  What is more important?

I didn’t say more important. As a fan, there’s nothing more to a family emergency, because that’s not our business.

Donny kept the door open. If he didn’t want to say he had a family issue he should have said he’s got some stuff he’s dealing with, which could mean anything but doesn’t imply it’s something that will be addressed at length later. Its the little things. 

25 minutes ago, LTS said:

It could have been something as simple as an elderly relative who was not doing well but they wanted to better assess the situation before Krebs actually flew out or something.  I've been going through that with my father-in-law for about a year now.

23 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

He's a daniel paille player just let him be he's going to be a good 4th line player oh well 

Paille played in 150+ AHL games.  Krebs played in 25.   

We can't just let him be if he should be in Rochester.  Not if we want be better and to make the playoffs.   Krebs is not contributing this season.  He might be a good bottom 6 guy someday, but not right now.  Unfortunately, he has to clear waivers to get to Rochester.    I put him in the "rushed" category along with Tage and Mitts.  When you are constantly adding young players you are bound to rush some of them. 

This is a cycle of its own and part of the reason you don't trade all your vets, sell your soul for a single generational player, and lose - by design -  on purpose to do it.  

Edited by Pimlach

On 11/14/2023 at 6:38 PM, Carmel Corn said:

Or perhaps he was waiting for Krebs to give the OK on talking about it at all.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.