GDT: Sabres @ Hurricanes: November 7, 2023 @ 7:00PM, MSG-B, BSSO

SABRES 0311

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I thought all those regional sports networks went bankrupt last year?

I think they did, yeah, but they didn't stop operating.  I asked one of the Texas Rangers Bally Sports broadcasters on Twitter (who's usually pretty good about answering questions) about the situation and he didn't answer; maybe it's still unsettled... maybe he isn't even getting paid.

35 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

If it's NHLN or TNT or ESPN+ exclusive, that should be in the thread title.  But if it's just a normal MSG-B game and no other network, those are on ESPN+.  The NHL website denotes them as follows.  If it's on one of the "special" networks then that should be in the title (as shown on the NHL website).  But if it's just a normal local sports net broadcast, the assumption is it will be on ESPN+.

Normal game (on MSG in home market, ESPN+ out of market, unless viewer lives in opponent's local market, then have to watch on enemy's market sports net):

image.png.ac7273859709a7ae98f7fc2f933aa3ed.png

TNT Exclusive game (on TNT/Max only, both in home market and out of market):

image.png.80bedd3a085b4de7a668b67a1f5b075b.png

ESPN+ Exclusive game (on ESPN+ only, both in home market and out of market):

image.png.8ccf1525d8f4fe35be280f8141ccc6b7.png

NHL Network game (on MSG in home market, NHLN out of market):

image.png.9f404d604b038d6d8bcc5f5d5ba5bca1.png

Sure @Doohickie e  e logical on SabreSpace.

What’s the matter with you?! 😆

—————————-

In other news…..

PLAYERS TO WATCH TONIGHT 

Buffalo

JJ Peterka is riding a career-best five-game point streak with three goals and three assists in that span.

Casey Mittelstadt has recorded at least a point in each of his last four games (2+3).

Erik Johnson leads all NHL skaters in shorthanded ice time (50:55) while Jordan Greenway ranks first among forwards in the league (42:05). 

Carolina

Jesperi Kotkaniemi leads the Hurricanes with 12 points (5+7) in 12 games. 

Sebastian Aho has recorded a point (1+1) in consecutive games and looks to extend his point streak against the Sabres. 

Goaltender Antti Raanta has posted a 3-1 record after appearing in five games for Carolina.

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Also:  I generally don't trust the thread starter to get it right; some people just copy-paste a previous title and rework it and occasionally the broadcast info is bad.  I try to look at the NHL site and see what it says, understanding that some people are viewing everything from the home market or from overseas or whatever and just don't "get" the Buffalo diaspora experience.

12 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Also:  I generally don't trust the thread starter to get it right; some people just copy-paste a previous title and rework it and occasionally the broadcast info is bad.  I try to look at the NHL site and see what it says, understanding that some people are viewing everything from the home market or from overseas or whatever and just don't "get" the Buffalo diaspora experience.

Do people rely on SS for TV info? It might not even be necessary.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Personally I like to the list the 2 RSN (when applicable) and otherwise indicate if it's a national broadcast in the US. I don't really know about Canadian broadcasts to include those for the Canadian members.

But I always look up every game anyways since I do a Game Day Info post in a slack server I belong to, so it doesn't matter too much to me if only MSG-B is posted here. I only have to worry about Caps games being blacked out here, or when a game is on NHL, TNT. Otherwise I'm using ESPN+ and it doesn't really matter.

I'd like to see us get above .500 tonight and carry some momentum into Friday's game, since I'm coming up for that one. I'm really hoping we can start putting together a lot of multi-game win streaks this month to make up for our slow/inconsistent start to the season.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Do people rely on SS for TV info? It might not even be necessary.

No, I just look at the NHL app or website, there's no reason for it to be in the post title. It usually just derails the GDT for 2 pages.

Edited by skaught
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

People copy and paste GDT titles?  Holy smokes we are getting lazy.  

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

If the Sabres can ever figure out how to beat Carolina and Boston they might have something. Tonight would be a good start.  At least last they've finally been able to gets some points from the Florida teams the past couple years.  That was another problem.

Maybe in the Playoffs. The Bruins are off tyo their next best regular season ever

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

UPL in net

Awesome! I think this is a good game to put 6K in net. Looking forward to it!

Just now, RochesterExpat said:

If you had this on your bingo card for the season you are cheating and no one believes you.

It tells me we're taking too many penalties. 

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Based upon how varied the TV access is by region I would almost argue that we should not list broadcast info in the thread title. It's our own responsibility as the viewer to figure out how to watch the games. Thread titles don't need to hold our hands for everything.

Eh, I kind of like to know when it's an "off-nominal" situation so I can jump right to TNT or NHLN or whatever when tuning in the game.  Not necessary but convenient (if done right).

9 minutes ago, LETSTUCHINGO said:

Can anyone tell me why Biro is on IR? I didn't know he got injured.

Because they wanted Savoie in his roster spot but wanted to pay him NHL wage between now and the next Amerks game for being such a good soldier.  So banana peels in the weight room it is.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.