Dylan Cozens out day to day

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

I'm not going to criticize any Sabres player for stepping up and taking a punch. Dylan's lesson from this should be don't hesitate before you start throwing haymakers or the other guy will.

He didn’t step up to take a punch, he started a fight with someone who is much better than him at fighting. 

3 hours ago, Sabres73 said:

I'm not going to criticize any Sabres player for stepping up and taking a punch. Dylan's lesson from this should be don't hesitate before you start throwing haymakers or the other guy will.

I will criticize him, and his teammates, for waiting until 3 minutes to go in the 3rd period to show respect to the Sabres fans in attendance.  That's all.

3 hours ago, #freejame said:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Fight another skill guy, not a guy who knows how to punch faces. Or just don't fight. 

Sometime you gotta because you gotta. Sure he picked the wrong guy but the fact he gives a dam is good.  That Flyer series was atrocious hockey. 

5 hours ago, Sabres73 said:

Not exactly. Hockey fights are all about leverage and avoiding direct punches more than how you throw them. It's an art form and he needs to sit down and have a long chat with Rob Ray. He's an emotional fighter right now, but doesn't really know HOW to fight. It's a skill too. 

Sorry, but picking a fight during the last two minutes of a loss is almost always a stupid decision.  There was nothing to be gained at that point, he was just frustrated with himself for sucking this season and decided to get his face caved in.  Which will end up costing his team with his absence.  Cozens has been a disgrace so far this season, but he has lots of time to turn it around and now some time to think about it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • dislike 2

1 hour ago, Cascade Youth said:

Sorry, but picking a fight during the last two minutes of a loss is almost always a stupid decision.  There was nothing to be gained at that point, he was just frustrated with himself for sucking this season and decided to get his face caved in.  Which will end up costing his team with his absence.  Cozens has been a disgrace so far this season, but he has lots of time to turn it around and now some time to think about it.

You remind me of someone…

Snl Nun GIF by Saturday Night Live

46 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Cozens, despite his willingness and gamer personality, is not a fighter. He’s a top young guy with a good ceiling. Pucks in net not punches in the mouth.

I agree with this. I applaud his willingness, but if he plays another 10 years in the league I hope that he has no more than 2-3 strategically placed fights with carefully chosen opponents.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.