Dylan Cozens out day to day

Brawndo

I’m waiting for the extremely rich and inaccurate nonsense of it’s all the trainers fault with every injury. It’s always the trainers/conditioning coaches fault for every injury. And every long-term injury. 😂

i’m glad The workhorse from Whitehorse is only day to day. And not week to week. 👍🏼

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

How does that more space thing work?

Watch out for Cozens, he's the one who got his clock cleaned?

Upon further review, in a world of military power, Cozens is North Korea?

He can go ballistic and cause damage but he won’t win any wars.

Not that Reaves has helped the Leafs much. 3 year contract!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

On 11/6/2023 at 8:19 AM, French Collection said:

Well, he’s willing to drop the gloves, but he needs to work on his technique.

Pronger had a lot of space, his technique was more stick oriented.

Pronger comparison to Cozens? Come on man.

A guy who goes down and is out for several games because of one Hathaway punch is not going to generate any respect or space at all. Quite the contrary. 

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

A guy who goes down and is out for several games because of one Hathaway punch is not going to generate any respect or space at all. Quite the contrary. 

There's no respect given to Cozens for at least dropping the gloves? I think he deserves some credit there. 

• Agree 1

“ I only respect players who drop the gloves from time to time“

” OK now I only respect players who drop the gloves from time to time but they have to win the fights also”

” OK now I only respect players who drop the gloves from time to time and win the fights, but also aren’t injured after the fight“

” OK now I keep on moving the goalposts and I don’t know what my position is now of fighting and winning and injuries“ 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Another topic we all have pretty diverse opinions on.

Something changed with me about 3-4 years ago...over the course of a few months, I just kinda became "OK" with no fighting.

Sure, if there is a fight in a game I'm going to watch it, but if there were zero fights in the NHL, I don't think I'd miss it at all.

If only NHL player safety had enough guts (and the union allowed them) to make harsh penalties for the stuff that should not go on in the game, there wouldn't really be reason for it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Another topic we all have pretty diverse opinions on.

Something changed with me about 3-4 years ago...over the course of a few months, I just kinda became "OK" with no fighting.

Sure, if there is a fight in a game I'm going to watch it, but if there were zero fights in the NHL, I don't think I'd miss it at all.

If only NHL player safety had enough guts (and the union allowed them) to make harsh penalties for the stuff that should not go on in the game, there wouldn't really be reason for it.

Yea I don’t mind fights that happen “naturally”, “organically”. I despise the fights that look forced, staged or in retaliation to a perfectly legal check or hit. That stuff looks like amateur hour to me. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Just saying that Pronger made room for himself more by vicious stick work than dropping the gloves. Maybe Cozens can add grit in a variety of ways instead of winning fights.

• Like (+1) 1

I love the spirit of Cozens... As someone who has fought plenty (those days are over now, I got it all out of the way when I was younger lol) I can tell you this, you will always run into someone, somewhere who is a better fighter than yourself and you're going to get rocked... PERIOD. The fact that he took the fight probably knowing full well it might not end well is a testament to his toughness it just sucks that it cost him some games but this will make him tougher, to be the best you have to beat the best. This kid is by far my favorite Sabre right now!

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, TageMVP said:

There's no respect given to Cozens for at least dropping the gloves? I think he deserves some credit there. 

maybe respect on the Sabres, but not from other teams. He's a big guy but if the word is he can't fight and isn't that tough he loses respect not gains it. Hathaway's a fighter, but he's not all that. Tkachuk took him out in last year's playoffs. 

3 hours ago, French Collection said:

Just saying that Pronger made room for himself more by vicious stick work than dropping the gloves. Maybe Cozens can add grit in a variety of ways instead of winning fights.

Pronger threw his weight around though. He hit hard and often. Nobody on the Sabres does that. 

14 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I love the spirit of Cozens... As someone who has fought plenty (those days are over now, I got it all out of the way when I was younger lol) I can tell you this, you will always run into someone, somewhere who is a better fighter than yourself and you're going to get rocked... PERIOD. The fact that he took the fight probably knowing full well it might not end well is a testament to his toughness it just sucks that it cost him some games but this will make him tougher, to be the best you have to beat the best. This kid is by far my favorite Sabre right now!

I get the spirit. Love seeing it in a player. However, his actions are hurting his team. It’s best he heals up quickly and gets back on the ice. Next time, he should check himself before he wreaks himself. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.