GDT: 10/24/23 Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators -- MSG and Radio 6:45? PM

bob_sauve28

24 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Kinda interesting IMHO that the NHL chose tonight, which is the NBA's opening night, for the "everyone plays" night.

Does ESPN even carry basketball anymore? I’d imagine this was done purposely to go against TNT. Definitely a little strange though. 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I’m struggling how this will “promote the game” 

It's a crazy scheme that just might work: TAKE OVER THE AIRWAVES!

The audacious act of having wall-to-wall hockey on a Tuesday night on every TV channel they can muster will make for a media marketing blitz that will be the envy of executive suites the world over!

uhf-firehouse.gif

Bettamn isn't just a marketing genius - he's insane!

crazyeddie-hammer.gif

Edited by ...
Crazy Gary guarantees fun Fun FUN!
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I’m struggling how this will “promote the game” 

For casual fans, tuning into a broadcast that jumps between the most exciting plays from each game sounds pretty awesome to me. Hockey can sometimes be boring to watch, especially if you don't care about the teams and they're playing low-event hockey.  

I think the league is not run very well and is always 8 years behind the times, but this is actually a cool concept.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

For casual fans, tuning into a broadcast that jumps between the most exciting plays from each game sounds pretty awesome to me. Hockey can sometimes be boring to watch, especially if you don't care about the teams and they're playing low-event hockey.  

I think the league is not run very well and is always 8 years behind the times, but this is actually a cool concept.

Expect it is an attempt to draw in those in the younger crowd that have been said to only want to catch the highlights of games.

Find it interesting that they're doing it in the middle of the week.  Guess they really are trying to beat the NBA with their own weapons but somehow expect it to end up the way it normally does when the Coyote takes on the Roadrunner.

I think the boys in B&G played well last night with the exception of crashing the net and shot selection. Their effort is there, but a lot of the stars from last year just do not look like stars this year. I think we are going to be in for a rude disappointing reality with this team, but i am seriously hoping i am wrong. Prediction, an ass kicking tonight. Sens kill us. They are fast and physical. We are screwed

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Stormcloudmember66 said:

I think the boys in B&G played well last night with the exception of crashing the net and shot selection. Their effort is there, but a lot of the stars from last year just do not look like stars this year. I think we are going to be in for a rude disappointing reality with this team, but i am seriously hoping i am wrong. Prediction, an ass kicking tonight. Sens kill us. They are fast and physical. We are screwed

They went to the net a lot last night; but too often there were 2 guys there and the 3rd F &/or the D either couldn't find a way to get the puck there as well or they puth the puck in Allen's glove.

Shot selection: hmm, maybe shoot anywhere other than high glove side?  Occassionally, sure.  But the puck went there far too often last night.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

The Concept of a Consumable Sports League 

59 minutes ago, Taro T said:

They went to the net a lot last night; but too often there were 2 guys there and the 3rd F &/or the D either couldn't find a way to get the puck there as well or they puth the puck in Allen's glove.

Shot selection: hmm, maybe shoot anywhere other than high glove side?  Occassionally, sure.  But the puck went there far too often last night.

I noticed that too. In fact Tage had mentioned that he was flashing the glove. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, nfreeman said:

UPL is playing. 

If he stinks and they lose, the pressure will increase on KA to make some kind of move.  And rightly so.

I care much less about the goaltending than about whether they are going to play hard.

Why?  Is Levi hurting?

I said 10 games before i post judgement, but unless this team seriously improves, there is going to be some serious reckoning. They are not playing and showing what they did last year. I will admit our defense is better, goaltending looks better with the exception of Levi's last game, but the offense is pretty dismal. Not like quite a few players. Tuch, Okposo, Thompson, Krebs, and Olofsson. Hell that's almost 2 lines. Basics, basics, basics!!! Stop trying pretty passes and crash the freaking net! Do not let opponents by themselves crash our net!!! (Last night's 2nd goal). If the goalie you are playing is hot, crash and bump him and make him uncomfortable. This is all hockey 101. Do it, live it and move on!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.