GDT - Montréal @ Buffalo - Monday, October 23, 2023 - 7:00 PM (EDT) - MSG (?) & WGR - RMNH (SportsNet TV - CANADA) & SportsNet+ (pirate satellite)

Sabres Fan in NS

This is sickening.   For 2 years we were such a beautifully passing offensive team.  We were almost never out of games because our offense could strike and get us back in the game.

It was so proven I took it as a given we were fine offensively.   I can't believe what I'm seeing.   

Better specials, defense and goaltending was all we needed. 

Well...... this sucks.

Edited by 7+6=13

Home loss, division loss, a lost to a team that is supposed to be below us.  

We dominated for much of the game but as EJ said, we have to take the play thats there, we didn’t do that tonight.   Too fancy and no follow up after the shot.  

Just now, Thorny said:

26 minutes for Dahlin on a Monday in October against a bad team 

I can already see us trying to tell wookie in March that yes, it is Kevyn's fault Dahlin is laboring an injury as we frantically chase 8th from 9 points out in February, because he built a team that required this sort of thing

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, eman said:

Gerard Gallant anyone?.............................too soon?

If November is as bad as October you have to consider pulling the plug. A few more losses and it’s a steep uphill climb the rest of the way. Gallant doesn’t like young guys though. He favors vets and would eat Adams alive. But… this team would be more sound defensively. 

• Like (+1) 1

That was a tough loss, we were all over them but Allen played like friggin Hasek in net.... We can't catch a break LOL

I thought Comrie played well again, the 1st 2 goals were really tough ones, that laser to start the scoring would have probably got past many. I thought we played really inspired but the pucks didn't bounce our way unfortunately. Losses suck but I don't think this 1 was coaching or lack of effort imo.

Man, I am at my I laws and missed the first half of the 3rd. I thought we played really well through 2. 

This one sucks because we felt like the better team. 

I said earlier that I would be “OK” if the Sabres started 3-6, but didn’t lose two in a row, and we’re working through some things while getting better at two way hockey. I stand by that. The team is getting better. Don’t go on losing streaks, keep getting better at the weakest parts of our game, and we can still get there.

I really liked this team the last two games. 

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Home loss, division loss, a lost to a team that is supposed to be below us.  

We dominated for much of the game but as EJ said, we have to take the play thats there, we didn’t do that tonight.   Too fancy and no follow up after the shot.  

Sounds like it’s the guys on the ice not finishing and/or making bad decisions. Why then are people blaming the coaching? 

Coach can’t skate next to them. They need to be big boys and win the game where it matters, on the ice, not the bench.

Edited by SABRES 0311

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I can already see us trying to tell wookie in March that yes, it is Kevyn's fault Dahlin is laboring an injury as we frantically chase 8th from 9 points out in February, because he built a team that required this sort of thing

I’m trying not to overreact to yet another loss but Adams sitting on his hands all summer is killing this team.  He knew about Quinn’s injury prior to free agency even opening and he elected to keep VO as a replacement.  No goaltender brought in.  EJ and Clifton the only D.  This sucks.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, CallawaySabres said:

I think we finally have to admit that after all of these years that people say goalies  steal games from us, it’s just the fact that we have no finish to the game.

I agree. I honestly don’t think he had many tough shots to stop. He just played sound. The Sabres really didn’t throw many scary shots at him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Man, I am at my I laws and missed the first half of the 3rd. I thought we played really well through 2. 

This one sucks because we felt like the better team. 

I said earlier that I would be “OK” if the Sabres started 3-6, but didn’t lose two in a row, and we’re working through some things while getting better at two way hockey. I stand by that. The team is getting better. Don’t go on losing streaks, keep getting better at the weakest parts of our game, and we can still get there.

I really liked this team the last two games. 

I'm betting Ottawa takes it to them. I'll be completely stunned if somehow this Sabres club manages to beat them. World of difference in watching these two teams play the game right now.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SABRES 0311 said:

Sounds like it’s the guys on the ice not finishing and/or making bad decisions. Why then are people blaming the coaching? 

Coach can’t skate next next then. They need to be big boys are win the game where it matters, on the ice, not the bench.

He is tactically inept. The end of game clownshow vs Calgary was the type of thing you should never see happen at this (or any) professional level.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I feel like this is sort of what I’ve been speaking towards when I talk about what you prioritize as a GM. I want the team itself and its results to be maximized, not to max out every player. To exhaust each young player to their limits because they have unlimited runways.

Butter scraped over too much bread.

3 minutes ago, Derrico said:

I’m trying not to overreact to yet another loss but Adams sitting on his hands all summer is killing this team.  He knew about Quinn’s injury prior to free agency even opening and he elected to keep VO as a replacement.  No goaltender brought in.  EJ and Clifton the only D.  This sucks.

Would not have guessed the season ended the night of the draft when Quinn tore his ACL

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, eman said:

I'm betting Ottawa takes it to them. I'll be completely stunned if somehow this Sabres club manages to beat them. World of difference in watching these two teams play the game right now.

I don’t disagree. I’ll cross that bridge when we get there. But the team has gotten better since the opening puck drop.

They’ve played very good hockey the last two games. We’re on pace for what I needed my “positive floor” to be. 

2 minutes ago, Derrico said:

But then we might have had to give up one or two of our 8,000 undersized skilled forward prospects, WON'T YOU THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.