GDT - Lightning @ Sabres - October 17, 2023 - 7:30 PM (EDT) - ESPN & WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

51 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

I’m starting to feel I’m the only one left who doesn’t think the sky is falling.

Sabres win this one by at least 4. Tampa can’t matchup effectively and the mismatches become apparent. Sabres confidence gets a boost and it creates a snowball effect of momentum.

You are far from the only one that doesn't think that the sky is falling.  The sky is falling crowd is more vocal. Just like in the days of yore with Team Stormcloud and Team Sunshine and Kittens.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Ctaeth said:

If that's the case (which I hope it is), I wonder how they would adjust the rest of the lines with Jost coming in?  Makes it a kind of interesting puzzle with Jost only having played center (as far as I know).  I'm assuming they don't want to mess with Greenway/Mitts/Benson or Skinner/Thompson/Tuch (yet). I'm sure there's more, but here's a few possibilities off the top of my head:  

1.   Move Krebs up to the Cozens line & move Jost to fourth line center?

I like this 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

I’m starting to feel I’m the only one left who doesn’t think the sky is falling.

Sabres win this one by at least 4. Tampa can’t matchup effectively and the mismatches become apparent. Sabres confidence gets a boost and it creates a snowball effect of momentum.

I don't think the sky is falling because we are 0-2 either.   

If we win 5 in a row and get to 5-2 I  still won't say we are a playoff team either.   

Points are points, every games counts, but we have a long season ahead of us and this roster looks like it will challenge for the 7th or 8th spot if the goaltending holds up.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Ctaeth said:

If that's the case (which I hope it is), I wonder how they would adjust the rest of the lines with Jost coming in?  Makes it a kind of interesting puzzle with Jost only having played center (as far as I know).  I'm assuming they don't want to mess with Greenway/Mitts/Benson or Skinner/Thompson/Tuch (yet). I'm sure there's more, but here's a few possibilities off the top of my head:  

2.  Move Jost in directly for VO to the Cozens line (either Cozens/Jost kicks out to wing) 

3.  I could even see them moving old man Okposo up there to the Cozens line and keeping Krebs/Jost both on the fourth line with one of them kicking out to wing.  

These all sound good.  Option 3 is probably the least likely, but all 3 have VO sitting in the press box.

23 minutes ago, dudacek said:

They wanted it too bad and were squeezing the sticks in game 1 and got thoroughly outplayed as a result. 

They played good enough to win in game 2 and didn’t. 

That’s the NHL. It happens. Your job is to limit how often.

The fan base is allowed to overreact to a 2-game losing streak. The team is not. 

Yep.  Didn't get to watch the Aisles game closely (watched it at a bar) but that seems to be pretty much the jist of it.

Hoping that they keep Levi between the pipes tonight, he's had 2 days to rest up so he should be good to go.  One of the downsides to playing such a spread out schedule in October is when you do lose a game you've got a while to stew over it.  The upside is, you can play whatever goalie you want and he'll be ready to go.

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Big game! First time attending this year, bringing my dad. These guys cracked Tampa's code last year, hope to see it continue. 

Bringing my boy.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Sabres’ lines at morning skate suggest Olofsson will be scratched tonight:

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch

Peterka-Cozens-Krebs

Greenway-Mittelstadt-Benson

Girgensons-Jost-Okposo

Olofsson filled in on a defense pair during rushes.

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 4

Buffalo absolutely has to start winning games where Levi is starting. If they start 0-3 in the East before even seeing any back-to-backs, they are going to sink like a rock. Nobody has any idea what goalies not named Levi are going to do this year. Wake up and win at home please.

Edited by CallawaySabres

21 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch

Peterka-Cozens-Krebs

Girgensons-Jost-Okposo

As much as I want Krebs to be a centre I like this.

Krebs and Cozens have rarely played together as Sabres but Team Canada has had them joined at the hip since they were 15. There is a history of chemistry there.

I need Peyton to be tenacious March 2023 Peyton, not revert to turnover-happy hope play February 2022 Peyton.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch

Peterka-Cozens-Krebs

Girgensons-Jost-Okposo

Maybe Meatballs making a point by sticking VO on a defensive pair for practice. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ctaeth said:

2.  Move Jost in directly for VO to the Cozens line (either Cozens/Jost kicks out to wing) 

3.  I could even see them moving old man Okposo up there to the Cozens line and keeping Krebs/Jost both on the fourth line with one of them kicking out to wing.  

What about this:

Skinner-Mitts-Tage

JJ-Cous-Tuch

Grenny-Jost-Bens

Girgs-Kreb-Ok

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

No, seriously.... at some point we must win.... right?

The Power of positive thinking, am I right?

2 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

Sabre Trek 3: The Search for Win.

Wishful thinking but still positive.

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

I don't think the sky is falling because we are 0-2 either.   

If we win 5 in a row and get to 5-2 I  still won't say we are a playoff team either.   

Points are points, every games counts, but we have a long season ahead of us and this roster looks like it will challenge for the 7th or 8th spot if the goaltending holds up.  

Pragmatic thinking. 

Like the Lineup LGR4GM posted a few back.  The home record needs to start chalking up Dubs in these next 4 games can't have last years record at end of the year and expect to be a playoff team. Lets go.....

Edited by R_Dudley

24 minutes ago, inkman said:

Maybe Meatballs making a point by sticking VO on a defensive pair for practice. 

Donnie would never humiliate a player like that. He wants them to go through a wall for him.

Always gotta have a whipping boy. Clearly VO has been the issue.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.