GDT: Sabres @ Blue Jackets - October 4, 2023 - 7:00PM, Sabres.com📺WGR📻

SabresBaltimore

Per https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/how-to-watch-buffalo-sabres-preseason-games-2023

Watch: Sabres.com (Columbus feed with Blue Jackets commentators) https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/buffalo-sabres-live-stream-6336966456112

Listen: WGR 550 (Dan Dunleavy and Rob Ray)

Sabres also posted a roster, but not starters yet:

Edited by SabresBaltimore
  • Like (+1) 2

Yeah in addition to finally seeing both of our new defensive FA signings play a game, I'm curious what the lines will be. Benson has been playing with Skinner and Tage. Neither are active tonight. Does he get put on another line, or is he on the roster only to watch from the press box? One has to assume tonight UPL plays the whole game (that may have been announced already but I forget already).

Here's my swag at lines/defensive pairs:

Greenway-Mittelstadt-Tuch
Peterka-Cozens-Benson/Olofsson
Girgensons-Krebs-Okposo
Rousek-Jost-Biro

Dahlin-Clifton
Power-R. Johnson
Samuelsson-E. Johnson

UPL
Comrie

With hopefully Olofsson scratched instead of Benson and Clague.

Although I can see Clague getting the nod over RJ to give him a final shot at the 7th defense slot over Stillman.

Edited by SabresBaltimore

I’m heading out of town for a week. But will try to catch some of it.  

Benson, VO, Jost, Rousek, and Biro are all fighting for a spot.  There are one or two still there depending on other factors.  

Edited by Pimlach

1 hour ago, SabresBaltimore said:

Yeah in addition to finally seeing both of our new defensive FA signings play a game, I'm curious what the lines will be. Benson has been playing with Skinner and Tage. Neither are active tonight. Does he get put on another line, or is he on the roster only to watch from the press box? One has to assume tonight UPL plays the whole game (that may have been announced already but I forget already).

Here's my swag at lines/defensive pairs:

Greenway-Mittelstadt-Tuch
Peterka-Cozens-Benson/Olofsson
Girgensons-Krebs-Okposo
Rousek-Jost-Biro

Dahlin-Clifton
Power-R. Johnson
Samuelsson-E. Johnson

UPL
Comrie

With hopefully Olofsson scratched instead of Benson and Clague.

Although I can see Clague getting the nod over RJ to give him a final shot at the 7th defense slot over Stillman.

I like this lineup and think it makes sense. I will add that I think it more likely Benson gets scratched than Olofsson. My guess is they want to see how the JJP - Cozens - Olofsson works in a game. Rousek - Jost - Biro makes sense to send too, as they will be the first callups or 13th forward once the final roster is done. 

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

Hey, look, Connor Clifton and EJo

Donny G talked about how he talks to his veterans to find out what they need to get ready for a season. Do they want 4 games, 2 games, all the games. Sounded like Johnson and Clifton wanted more practice reps to learn the new system over games. Smart IMPO. 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I like this lineup and think it makes sense. I will add that I think it more likely Benson gets scratched than Olofsson. My guess is they want to see how the JJP - Cozens - Olofsson works in a game. Rousek - Jost - Biro makes sense to send too, as they will be the first callups or 13th forward once the final roster is done. 

Sadly you're probably right. Maybe in the final game the drop the 4th line down to Rochester and do the Skinner-TNT-Benson line instead

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I could be wrong, they could toss Benson out there with Rousek and Biro to see what he does. 

Yeah. That could be too, but then who centers that line? Plus, I feel like Benson has locked in his 9 game try out and those 3 are still trying to fight for a chance to be on the initial 23 man roster.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.