GDT: Sabres @ Blue Jackets - October 4, 2023 - 7:00PM, Sabres.com📺WGR📻

SabresBaltimore

7 hours ago, Taro T said:

And, if Comrie absolutely pukes all over himself against the Pens, could see them going with the 3 headed monster.  But if he doesn't, just can't see a reason to expose all 3 of Comrie, Biro, and Rousek to waivers to avoid having to do so with UPL.

Update on this. Levi is getting the start according to DG.

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I wonder who this bodes worse for, UPL, Comrie, or neither because they’ve already decided on the three headed goalie monster. If not the latter, then I’d say it’s worse for UPL.

24 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

15 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I wonder who this bodes worse for, UPL, Comrie, or neither because they’ve already decided on the three headed goalie monster. If not the latter, then I’d say it’s worse for UPL.

Hopefully this means that they've already decided Comrie won the backup role and are going to refrain from giving him the opportunity to puke all over himself resucitating the 3 headed monster.

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Uh two of the best players to ever play.  Fuhr was a great big game goalie in the 80s. The goalie the Sabres traded for in the 90s wasn’t the same player. It was a bad trade that I didn’t like at the time but I do see Muckler’s view on it. He liked his guys that he won with. That is why Simpson, Huddy and Muni were brought in.

Two of the best teammates ever to play.  No way either would ever say anything negative publicly about Fuhr or any of their other key teammates.  That's not how great leaders operate.  So, regardless of how true or not the statement may be, it really isn't as impressive nor as decisive as you imply.  They have a horse in that race.

To the bolded, we are in agreement.  And it is obvious what Muckler's view on it was, but understanding his perspective doesn't absolve him from being an idiot.  And his idiocy very possibly cost the Sabres a Stanley Cup.

55 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Hopefully this means that they've already decided Comrie won the backup role and are going to refrain from giving him the opportunity to puke all over himself resucitating the 3 headed monster.

That’s my hope as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.