GDT: Sabres @ Leafs - September 27, 2023 - 6:30PM, MSG-B/NHLN📺WGR📻

SabresBaltimore

32 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Wonder what the PP will be composed of? Power for sure runs it 

Cozens and Olofsson definitely.  Likely Krebs and then one of Rousek, Weissbach, Murray, or Kisakov.  (Doubt Jost gets PP1 duty as there is no permutation of the roster where he'd ever get that usage in season.)

1 minute ago, French Collection said:

I watched the Cozens pre game interview. He said it was awkward signing Leafs jerseys but he understood what it meant for the kids.

Should be some interesting conversations those kids have with their friends 20 years from now: "of course the Workhorse from Whitehorse started out as one of our beloved Loafs; he's a sweater he signed proviing it."  "Stop sniffing glue you hoser, look it up, he never wore blue and white, just blue and gold (and the occasional red and black)."

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Should be some interesting conversations those kids have with their friends 20 years from now: "of course the Workhorse from Whitehorse started out as one of our beloved Loafs; he's a sweater he signed proviing it."  "Stop sniffing glue you hoser, look it up, he never wore blue and white, just blue and gold (and the occasional red and black)."

He wore the Maple Leaf, just not the “hated” one.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Is there some unspoken understanding that road teams play grunts in preseason so the home fans can enjoy a win?

You usually play most of your top guys at home.

I remember one year I went to a Redwings-Leafs preseason game in Toronto. The Leafs sat out Sundin, Mogilny, Tucker, Kaberle, CuJo, basically all their stars. The fans were PISSED. Leafs lost. Next night they played in Detroit and played all the stars.

I just saw that Matthews, Marner, Nylander And Reilly were at the Rogers Centre meeting the Jays so i don’t think the Leafs are sending the A squad either. 

Its a funny game in a small neutral ice arena.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

You usually play most of your top guys at home.

I remember one year I went to a Redwings-Leafs preseason game in Toronto. The Leafs sat out Sundin, Mogilny, Tucker, Kaberle, CuJo, basically all their stars. The fans were PISSED. Leafs lost. Next night they played in Detroit and played all the stars.

I just saw that Matthews, Marner, Nylander And Reilly were at the Rogers Centre meeting the Jays so i don’t think the Leafs are sending the A squad either. 

Its a funny game in a small neutral ice arena.

You would think the stars and management would want some of their core there.

31 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Jumping ahead to tomorrow, the Penguins are icing an almost full NHL roster tomorrow.

Including Karlsson, Crosby and Malkin 

And our only key guys who would be playing a back-to-back would be Cozens and Power.

We will have ability to respond with a pretty solid lineup of our own.

• SabresBaltimore changed the title to GDT: Sabres @ Leafs - September 27, 2023 - 6:30PM, MSG-B/NHLN📺WGR📻
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.