GDT: Sabres @ Leafs - September 27, 2023 - 6:30PM, MSG-B/NHLN📺WGR📻

SabresBaltimore

Per: https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/how-to-watch-buffalo-sabres-preseason-games-2023

Watch: MSG (Sportsnet national feed) / NHL Network

Listen: WGR 550 (Dan Dunleavy and Rob Ray)

I haven't seen line-ups yet, but one has to assume UPL gets the start in net since Comrie and Levi started once already?

It's looking like I'm SoL on this one down here in Maryland. Game 1 was on locally for me. Yesterday was on ESPN+ for some reason, but I didn't see tonight's game listed (or Thursdays for that matter, but I think that one is on the website).

Edited by SabresBaltimore
also on NHL Network apparently
  • Thanks (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Liking that they're using TC & the exhibition games to get the best look possible at the kids looking to step up.

Interesting that they're likely giving Olofsson a shot with Cozens.  Not a combination that has been used much at all in the past.  Benson's play should have lit a fire under his butt, so hopefully he's fully engaged tonight.

• Agree 2

Still no Clifton or Erik Johnson? Maybe saving them until we've pared down the roster closer to season size to play around with the pairings a bit? 

Benson, Kulich and Rosen unsurprisingly with the night off after playing in the first 2 games. I'll be curious if they play tomorrow to see how well they can do a 2 games in 3 nights deal.

Looks like Rousek is back in after missing last night. I'll be curious if they have him go back to back tomorrow. He didn't look great in the Caps game compared to Benson or Rosen.

I think Ryan Johnson looked solid in game 1. I'd like to see him go back to back (tonight/tomorrow) as well. I'd like to see him play with Power, but I assume it will probably be Joki. I don't see him cracking the lineup this year, but no reason not to give him the chance to prove otherwise

Edited by SabresBaltimore
misread the lineup; can't count days apparently

Disappointed there’s no Clifton or Johnson. No Girgs or Okie yet either. Donnie letting the vets ease in.

VO, UPL and especially Power get a turn to step into the spotlight as the regulars to watch closely tonight.

Important game for Rousek. Let’s see if Ryan Johnson can keep impressing.

Edited by dudacek
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Liking that they're using TC & the exhibition games to get the best look possible at the kids looking to step up.

Interesting that they're likely giving Olofsson a shot with Cozens.  Not a combination that has been used much at all in the past.  Benson's play should have lit a fire under his butt, so hopefully he's fully engaged tonight.

Totally agree on VO. We'll see what kind of competitive juice (and pride?) he has this evening.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Disappointed there’s no Clifton or Johnson. No Girgs or Okie yet either. Donnie letting the vets ease in.

VO, UPL and especially Power get a turn to step into the spotlight as the regulars to watch closely tonight.

Important game for Rousek. Let’s see if Ryan Johnson can keep impressing.

I cannot believe they are just gifting these guys a roster spot. 

drunk jack nicholson GIF by hoppip

32 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I cannot believe they are just gifting these guys a roster spot. 

drunk jack nicholson GIF by hoppip

17 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

You sign a battle tested vet and another guy on a 3 year deal - they are on the opening night roster.

You play the youth (mostly) to see what they have.

He's making a joke

• Thanks (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Well, I'm old(er) and slow(er) now.

Where is the little notation - (insert winkie thingie here) - to remove any doubt?

(insert winkie thingie here)

Do you see the GIF with the tongue in cheek, it is a massive clue.  😅  😉

20 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I hope Sportsnet + shows this one tonight. 

Must win against these guys every time.

Interested in watching Power, UPL, Krebs and Rousek. Cozens seems to like beating the Leafs, he’ll be an important player tonight.

Not much firepower in the this lineup.  Maybe the UPL and the defense will tighten up? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.