GDT: Sabres @ Leafs - September 27, 2023 - 6:30PM, MSG-B/NHLN📺WGR📻

SabresBaltimore

Just now, Pimlach said:

Krebs can pass but he doesn’t get to loose pucks quick enough. 

Glad Bryson was there to provide “a veteran play” on that last Leaf goal.  He is too small, no reach, no length, no weight 

I don't ever need to see Bryson play for the Sabres again.  He was literally the worst defenseman in the league last year.  Undersized, provides no offsense and can't play defense.  Goal 4, he gives away the puck then decides to cover nobody in front of his own net

• Agree 2

I am not watching this one. It feels like defense and goaltending are still a major issue with an emphasis on goaltending but not in a good way. 

I was thinking that maybe KA has held out on moving VO to get through the Quinn injury. At that point he may be prepared to package him for a goaltender.

Im high on Levi and this roster but if this defense still blows without any systemic adjustments, and UPL/Comrie are still miserable options I’m gonna be pissssed! 

7 minutes ago, Believer said:

Awful night for UPL… Needs a good showing his next opportunity… 

Not ready to quit on him.

nah, I dont like UPL at all, I don't think he's a viable NHL goalie, but he wasn't awful tonight.  He is what he is, a guy who can't stop a breakaway who's going to give up close to 4 goals a game. I'm begging Adams to trade either him or Comrie.  Carrying 3 goalies is idiotic.  I honestly think Cooley may be our 2nd best goalie anwyay

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I am not watching this one. It feels like defense and goaltending are still a major issue with an emphasis on goaltending but not in a good way. 

I was thinking that maybe KA has held out on moving VO to get through the Quinn injury. At that point he may be prepared to package him for a goaltender.

Im high on Levi and this roster but if this defense still blows without any systemic adjustments, and UPL/Comrie are still miserable options I’m gonna be pissssed! 

Only 2 of our starting 6 d played tonight and Power wasn't good.

That was the weakest group that we iced thus far, especially the goaltending. 

Ryan Johnson was good, one of the few that was tonight.   None of the veteran AHL guys showed anything (such as Murray and Rousek) to make me think they can play in the NHL. 

VO was a snooze.  Jost was too.  Bryson has dropped below Stillman and Clague IMO.  UPL was beat easily by several nobodies.

Cozens, Krebs and Joker had to play alone tonight.  Even Power appeared uninterested.  

So far Benson, Biro, Kulich and Rosen deserve a longer look. So does Ryan Johnson and Novikov. The rest will be heading home  soon.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.