6357 Days

PTS

12 minutes ago, PTS said:

It's been 17 years, 4 months, and 26 days since my last post on this website. I think it was all the prospect talk that kept me away -- @PASabreFan was on to something! 🤣

In all seriousness, I've lurked here a lot over the years but the Sabres sucking for so long kept me away for most of those 17 years.

This team got me excited again last year and this year I'm fully back on the bandwagon. Looking forward to becoming more involved in this community again.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Welcome back!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PTS said:

In all seriousness, I've lurked here a lot over the years but the Sabres sucking for so long kept me away for most of those 17 years.

Not for nothing but you missed some of the best times in franchise history since you've been gone lol

Jokes aside, welcome back. Go Sabres!

3 hours ago, PTS said:

It's been 17 years, 4 months, and 26 days since my last post on this website. I think it was all the prospect talk that kept me away -- @PASabreFan was on to something! 🤣

This team got me excited again last year and this year I'm fully back on the bandwagon. Looking forward to becoming more involved in this community again.

Let's Go Buffalo!

17 years?!??

Have you thought about changing your handle to PTSD?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PTS said:

Let's Go Buffalo!

Welcome back.  You were a good poster back in this place's infancy.

But wtf, you really bailed right before the Presidents Trophy season?

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Welcome back.  You were a good poster back in this place's infancy.

But wtf, you really bailed right before the Presidents Trophy season?

24 minutes ago, shrader said:

Didn’t you go and start your own board or something? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I started one of the first if not first Sabres websites in the late 90s. Eventually brought that website (letsgosabres.com) back in 2006 which is when I probably stopped posting here. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Claude Balls said:

True fans never would've left in the first place. 

Sorry PTS, just had to get my dig outta the way.

Welcome back. 

Leaving a message board is not the same as leaving a team. I can assure you PTS never stopped loving the Sabres. I have the email receipts.

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Leaving a message board is not the same as leaving a team. I can assure you PTS never stopped loving the Sabres. I have the email receipts.

My love for the Sabres never went away but I definitely loved to hate them during the Ralph Krueger era. 🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, PTS said:

My love for the Sabres never went away but I definitely loved to hate them during the Ralph Krueger era. 🤣

Only time in my life i boycott the Sabres was under Krueger. They were playing the Devils and game was in OT. Dahlin passed it to Hall, it was a 2 on 1 and Hall just shoots it down the ice, meanwhile Dahlin and Curtis Lazar chase after it and lose it. Team went from a 2 on 1 with 2 skilled players to giving the puck away. I hated Krueger with a passion, thought he was a fraud. I turned the game off right there and then. Didnt even watch the rest of it. My friend said wtf its overtime. I said i'll never watch again until Krueger is gone.

They lost like 10 or 11 straight after that and then the notification came on my phone he was fired. My expectations for Granato were low since he was Ralph's assistant and i didnt know too much about him at that time, i still ended my boycott and began watching again. Wasn't long til Granato grew on me and i began hoping they make him permanent coach.

Been a hell of a ride. Only time in their existence i stopped watching games.

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Sarcasm....you should know that better than anyone here, lol.

I stopped going and spending money on the team. Still watched almost every game. 

Edited by Claude Balls

What do you call a fan who… Casually watches the Sabres, has nothing but bad things to say about them, Especially when they’re not doing that great,  But follows another NHL team super closely and loves that team… Especially when they are doing really good. 

And then when that team takes a downturn, and they aren’t good anymore… They jump back to the Sabres and act like they’ve never wavered from being a huge follower and fan of the team. When in fact that’s really not the case. They basically jumped from successful team until they are not, to successful team until they are not.

what’s that called?

🤔

• Shocked 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.