Sabres looking at Zegras?

Two or less

Adams has stated time and time again that he's always in contact with other GMs doing his due diligence. Aside from the Eichel trade where he was holding all of the chips, he's been very gunshy about trades, usually getting what I feel is less than market value for the picks or players he's brining in, but those other trades are all peanuts compared to the Eichel trade.

I wonder what a fair trade would look like? Zegras is a center and there's no way Adams is moving Tage or Cozens given their contracts. Mitts had similar stats last year (6 fewer points) and is two years older. Casey + non-top shelf Prospect? Casey and VO? 

I don't think I'd want to pay what the Ducks would be asking.

26 minutes ago, Two or less said:

Definitely not Owen Power. 

One of Benson/Savoie/Kulich would be a start, first round pick, UPL and something else im guessing.

17 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Savoie or Östlund/Rosen or Wahlberg/and a 1st is probably in the ballpark. 

I don’t get this valuation. Isn’t Zegras a young super duper star? Would Anaheim be giving him up for prospects and picks? Power is probably too heavy, but if I were Anaheim, I’d want a young top-6 forward coming back and then a prospect/pick.

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I don’t get this valuation. Isn’t Zegras a young super duper star? Would Anaheim be giving him up for prospects and picks? Power is probably too heavy, but if I were Anaheim, I’d want a young top-6 forward coming back and then a prospect/pick.

I’m not so sure Zegras is a super duper star.  He is basically a Cozens level guy.  Drafted the same year with similar production.  Comparing the two, Zegras has higher level puck skills, and probably a higher offensive ceiling as a result, but he doesn’t have the size, he is supposed to be a C but is horrendous at face offs, and I’m not sure how his defense is.

That being said, I would think it would take something like Savoie, plus one of Östlund/Rosen, plus a pick.  Something like that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Two or less said:

Definitely not Owen Power. 

One of Benson/Savoie/Kulich would be a start, first round pick, UPL and something else im guessing.

idk, and I doubt it's even true, but what if it involves Dahlin?

I will have a hard time staying a Sabres fan if we traded for Zegras.  I really can't stand that guy. 

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Zegras had almost identical counting stats to Cozens last season, while playing almost 300 minutes more than Dylan last season. 

In terms of fancy stats Cozens is actually a better play driver. 

This is probably the hold up in negotiations,  Zegras wants to be paid as a 1C while Verbeek looks at McTavish and Carlsson figuring they are the Top 2Cs moving forward and will be paid as such in a few years. A Cozens Type Deal is probably what the Ducks are looking for. 

Most likely this is the agent looking for leverage in negotiations 

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Most likely this is the agent looking for leverage in negotiations 

Yeah i agree. And everybody knows all the assets the Sabres have so it makes it sound realistic.

This time a year ago the Sabres were linked with Jason Robertson (via kevin weekes if i recall) and then during the season it was Timo Meier. Now it's Zegras.

That said, one of these times it'll be true.

Zegras isn’t as highly thought off by the industry as he is hyped by fans.

Remember that Athletic ranking of the top 125 NHL players? The one that had 6 Sabres on it?

It was vetted by NHL scouts, coaches and GMs and it  has one Duck on it.

And it ain’t Mr. Michigan.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Doubt the Sabres even would give a call if Dahlin was involved. 

Why? I'm not suggesting Anaheim asking for Dahlin, I'm suggesting what if contract talks have soured worse than we know? I certainly hope not, but Dahlin was supposed to be "unhappy". What if he's so unhappy he's flipped and said he will be "considering all his options" as agents like to say. 

• Eyeroll 3

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Why? I'm not suggesting Anaheim asking for Dahlin, I'm suggesting what if contract talks have soured worse than we know? I certainly hope not, but Dahlin was supposed to be "unhappy". What if he's so unhappy he's flipped and said he will be "considering all his options" as agents like to say. 

What if none of what you say here is remotely true?

Dahlin was at the prospects tournament. Went to the Jets game. Is in their promotional stuff joking around. For a guy who's "unhappy" he sure is doing a lot of stuff with his team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.