Sabres Trade Ilya Lyubushkin to Anaheim for a 2025 4th Round Pick

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I think Ryan Johnson has a shot to take a spot in camp if he is up to it. 4 years of college is a lot of development time.

Muel Dahlin

Power Clifton

R Johnson Joker/ E Johnson

Stillman

Unless there is another move coming in the backend.

Possible. I figured they stay with Boosh and R Johnson would be a call up, if needed.  

Ryan Johnson should get some AHL time, just like the immortal Brad Park did.  

I like this trade, Sabres needed clearance on the D (all the of sudden, they became overloaded)... I think (I know) Bryson wouldn't get a 4th, Stillman was an overpay with Booth and Johnson may just be ready to step in... Plus Boosh gets to go to Anaheim, sun all year round. Better yet, maybe they are thinking of bringing in another guy....

I don't particularly like this move.  It now makes the depth after the top 6, Stillman (who is lousy), Bryson (who is worse), and Clague who is marginally better than the other 2. 

There has to be more going on.  This looks like a cap dump of a decent 3rd pairing D for a team that already has $ 6 mill plus in cap room.  Unless KA is planning on bringing in a bigger $ contract like Pesce or Hellebuyck, this does not look like a positive move for this coming season.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

It is what it is, was The Boosh part of the plans after this season? Probably not. Could KA have waited until tdl and got more? Probably. I think his playing time would have been seriously curtailed this year with the arrival of CC and EJ. KA did him a solid. 

i need a new avatar

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I liked him also and don't like this trade.

Maybe his injuries happened too often, but it seemed to me when he was healthy he was actually a very good 3rd pair guy and even a good 2nd pair guy (2nd guy in the pair, stay at home type).  Again, his play was inconsistent, but I still would rather he be here than not.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.