Update Jack Quinn has started skating again

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The utopia of endless depth and seamless prospect promotion is as unattainable as ever. We are not guaranteed tomorrow or next season, so now that we have come this far we need to do everything we have to make this year count 

Agreed.  As bad as this is, Devon Levi would be absolutely devastating news.  Need to keep building good depth. 

1 hour ago, phil_soisson said:

Achilles recovery is tough. Hope it's not like the NFL, where full recovery seems to be two seasons.

Everything I am readying, be a year for full recovery. Quinn isn't at his peak yet. He can't play at 90%. Thompson moved to wing to play at 80%, Top 10 Center now.

This is Bad news. Krebs can't fill winger role either.

40 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

Did we miss free agency?  

1st off, that was already covered with the possibility they don't want to waste assets (and the 3rd listed was $$$) to pick up a guy they'll only need for a month or 2 in all likelihood. 

You're going to go and pay big bucks for a FA just so the Sabres have Quinn's 1-2 month absence covered?  IMHO that simply doesn't make much, if any, sense.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, rickshaw said:

I love when people say it’s no big deal. An Achilles injury isn’t ideal ever! Surgery isn’t ideal. This is a big deal, ask Jack.

Duclair, 27, missed much of the 2022–23 regular season while recovering from a torn Achilles. The speedy winger racked up nine points (two goals, seven assists) in 20 games

Surgery July 2nd 2022

Out 60+ games

https://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articles/report_flames_eyeing_anthony_duclair_as_piece_in_potential_noah_hanifin_trade_with_panthers/s1_15227_38966523

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/34184226/florida-panthers-anthony-duclair-surgery-repair-achilles-tendon

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

1st off, that was already covered with the possibility they don't want to waste assets (and the 3rd listed was $$$) to pick up a guy they'll only need for a month or 2 in all likelihood. 

You're going to go and pay big bucks for a FA just so the Sabres have Quinn's 1-2 month absence covered?  IMHO that simply doesn't make much, if any, sense.

I think id rather plan for longer and eat some money than keep VO, or put an inexperienced player in a position they aren't prepared for.  

I don't think you need to look at the top of the free agent bucket, but i think the team also could use a compher type in the bottom 6 anyway.  

On 6/26/2023 at 12:34 AM, Thorny said:

Quinn for me. 

I see him ending up as a Mark Stone type player.

I don’t see the ceiling others do with Peterka but he’s certainly got legitimate top 6 upside. 

Savoie/Kulich. Who knows. Need to see more of them. I do like Savoie stylistically, reminds of Briere somewhat.

The only one I see as a sure sure thing (star wise) is Quinn. I’ve said before I think he has a good shot at being our best forward in a couple years. 

We ride 

1 hour ago, Kr632 said:

Asking because I honestly dont know. Is his skating as good as it was before the injury. Vegas fans were worried about it before he was traded. But doesn't seem like we've had any issues with it. 

He’s still considered a good skater with speed, so it doesn’t appear as though the injury caused any issues. But as someone pointed out, not all achilles injuries are the same.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.