2023 NHL Summer Trade Thread

Brawndo

13 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

That, seems cheap. 

Sabres fans are used to overpaying maybe?  

I like seeing Duclair leave the conference.  He always plays well against us it seems.  Florida gets better with Hanifin though. 

41 minutes ago, shrader said:

And if you add Wilson, you wind up getting him at a discount because he'll be suspended for at least a quarter of the season.

And for 3/4 of the season maybe Dahlin and Cozens won't have to take on the bullies of the Eastern conference on the routine basis?  

Lets not complain about a team with no grit and no response.  Last year we saw Dahlin, Cozens, and Tage all fighting (gloves off) and I really did not like it.  Payton Krebs was our scrappiest player.  Greenway was reluctant to engage even though he is big.  Wilson is never reluctant.  There is more to Wilson's game than fighting.   He can score goals too.  

I get that fighting is not part of the game, until it is.  

Edited by Pimlach

38 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

And for 3/4 of the season maybe Dahlin and Cozens won't have to take on the bullies of the Eastern conference on the routine basis?  

Lets not complain about a team with no grit and no response.  Last year we saw Dahlin, Cozens, and Tage all fighting (gloves off) and I really did not like it.  Payton Krebs was our scrappiest player.  Greenway was reluctant to engage even though he is big.  Wilson is never reluctant.  There is more to Wilson's game than fighting.   He can score goals too.  

I get that fighting is not part of the game, until it is.  

It’s not about the fighting or even the physical side of things. The big issue most are going to have with Wilson is that on any given day, he may wind up doing something that will remove him from your lineup for an extended period of time. Can you rely on that guy being there when you really need him?

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

It’s not about the fighting or even the physical side of things. The big issue most are going to have with Wilson is that on any given day, he may wind up doing something that will remove him from your lineup for an extended period of time. Can you rely on that guy being there when you really need him?

I am only going by his numbers.   He helped the Caps win a Cup.  He was there for all 21 playoff games and he scored 5 goals with 10 assists and only 31 PIM (he had a whooping 187 minutes in the regular season).  So he toned down the penalties in the playoffs.  

He has scored 20+ goals 3 times since that season.    People don't like him because he is a pain to play against.   Sure, he does some stupid stuff, but he can also play.  

19 minutes ago, shrader said:

Just now, Pimlach said:

I am only going by his numbers.   He helped the Caps win a Cup.  He was there for all 21 playoff games and he scored 5 goals with 10 assists and only 31 PIM (he had a whooping 187 minutes in the regular season).  So he toned down the penalties in the playoffs.  

He has scored 20+ goals 3 times since that season.    People don't like him because he is a pain to play against.   Sure, he does some stupid stuff, but he can also play.  

If I were an NHL GM and I needed that "last piece" in February or March, I'd definitely be looking Wilson's way.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Fyi.  Nearly 2/3 of NHL teams have already made at least one trade already this summer. Colorado, LA, NJ, and Philly have been very active so far.  No trades from Sabreland so far.  When does the first shoe drop?

When Adams takes them off and goes to bed after making no moves.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Fyi.  Nearly 2/3 of NHL teams have already made at least one trade already this summer. Colorado, LA, NJ, and Philly have been very active so far.  No trades from Sabreland so far.  When does the first shoe drop?

I just saw Kevyn.  He's got bare feet.

Just now, RochesterExpat said:

I'm sorry, what? How is he only worth a 3rd? I'd have made this trade six ways to Sunday. Imagine him with Mitts.

Although I suspect we were on his no trade list.

Pens have forwards and no money, Smith one year at $5 million is better than a 3rd.

I don't get it

4 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

This had to be part of a side deal.  Penguins trade Teddy Blueger to Vegas for the 3rd rd pick, then they trade the pick back to Vegas for Reilly Smith. 

Penguins definitely win trade...basically trading Blueger for Reilly Smith

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.