Around the NHL 2023 Summer Edition

Brawndo

10 minutes ago, Curt said:

Hasek didn’t just ask out.  I’m pretty sure he strong armed himself into going to Detroit only, and didn’t want Detroit to weakened the team in the deal.  Detroit knew it and took advantage.

And I’m still bitter about it.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Yeah, just found it.  They traded the pick *and* Kozlov to the Thrashers for :

2002 2nd round pick (#31-Jeff Deslauriers)
2002 3rd round pick (#82-John Adams)

Never heard of either one of them either.

You never heard of the second president of the United States?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Treliving seems to love to bring in over the hill goons (Lucic, Reaves) doesn't he?

Hopefully that multi-year deal has MANY years on it.  Would love to see him huffing around the rink in his 40's in blue and white.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Treliving seems to love to bring in over the hill goons (Lucic, Reaves) doesn't he?

Hopefully that multi-year deal has MANY years on it.  Would love to see him huffing around the rink in his 40's in blue and white.

Likely to counter the rumored return of Lucic to Boston.

22 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

In the best game of last season, Dahlin danced around Reaves at the point for a good 4-5 seconds before scoring the tying goal late in the third vs Minnesota

Reaves is a liability, I hope they play him a lot.

Edited by French Collection
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Good let those idiots sign older “tough guys” to burn up a roster spot. I’m sure THAT will make alllll the difference in winning the cup 😂

Then they should pump max headroom and Wendy’s where’s the beef commercials on their Jumbotrons. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

It's the term that's crazier than the salary. 3 years at his age? Desperate Leafs. 

Reaves was a pylon a couple of years ago, three years is two too many. Chicago may want him to protect Bedard after 1 year of doing nothing in Toronto.

Edited by French Collection
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I would suggest the Orlov signing means Pesce is going to be dealt somewhere. 

Could be Skjei as well, he has a similar contract situation.  If they do actually trade for Karlsson, I'd imagine they'd move both of them.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Shootica said:

Could be Skjei as well, he has a similar contract situation.  If they do actually trade for Karlsson, I'd imagine they'd move both of them.

I don't see Karlsson ending up there but you never know. 

If I'm the Leafs I look at sending Nylander to San Jose in some complex deal involving some retention, but then again I said they should trade Nylander the FIRST time he held them hostage.