The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: First Round GDT

Eleven

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

There is a lot more big hits, late hits, fighting and rough stuff in these early playoff games. More than I can recall seeing in awhile.  

Really? I don't see that. Playoffs are always like this. The one difference this year is how quick they are handing out 10 minute misconducts as a way to try to avoid late game shenanigans. Don't like that at all. 

Speaking of hits, Marcus Foligno was a force in the Minnesota game. Aside from Kreuger, that trade might be JBot's biggest mistake. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Really? I don't see that. Playoffs are always like this. The one difference this year is how quick they are handing out 10 minute misconducts as a way to try to avoid late game shenanigans. Don't like that at all. 

Speaking of hits, Marcus Foligno was a force in the Minnesota game. Aside from Kreuger, that trade might be JBot's biggest mistake. 

Please don’t remind me why I can’t stand Jbot…

Murray wasn’t impressive, but Jbot was just…. Yeah…. Sorry, I digress.

I miss having a team in the playoffs.

11 hours ago, Contempt said:

I really wish they'd count them differently. PP and SH faceoffs in the respective zones are HUGE. Faceoffs int eh offensive/defensive zone with the goalie pulled? Also important. The draw the start the game? Who cares?

I want Okposo to crush everyone in all ceremonial puck-drops. Win the draw clean, then bulldoze up the opposition captain into the people on the carpet to clear the path for the blast from the point. Set the tone for the game.

7 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I want Okposo to crush everyone in all ceremonial puck-drops. Win the draw clean, then bulldoze up the opposition captain into the people on the carpet to clear the path for the blast from the point. Set the tone for the game.

Might have to bring in someone other than Kyle for that.

Gotta mix it up though so the opposition doesn’t know what’s coming.

I'm not sure why, but I don't seem to have a hatred of the Bruins that most others do.

I want them to be worse than the Sabres. I want them to take that step back (or 5 steps back) and miss the playoffs. I HATE their Broadcast/play by play guys.  There is a lot to not like. But If they win, it doesn't bother me (other than if I have to listen to Jack Edwards).  

For the most part, it isnt' the players on a team that make me like or dislike them, it is often the fanbase. And are Boston Fans Spoiled overall? Sure, but in hockey, I have been to a couple Bruins games in Boston over the years and it wasn't awful.  I'd still prefer the Bruins over the Leafs because I think Leaf fans are the most intolerable in hockey by far. How can as fanbase like Toronto be SO arrogant when they hardly ever win anything of consequence?

Edited by mjd1001

24 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I'm not sure why, but I don't seem to have a hatred of the Bruins that most others do.

I want them to be worse than the Sabres. I want them to take that step back (or 5 steps back) and miss the playoffs. I HATE their Broadcast/play by play guys.  There is a lot to not like. But If they win, it doesn't bother me (other than if I have to listen to Jack Edwards).  

For the most part, it isnt' the players on a team that make me like or dislike them, it is often the fanbase. And are Boston Fans Spoiled overall? Sure, but in hockey, I have been to a couple Bruins games in Boston over the years and it wasn't awful.  I'd still prefer the Bruins over the Leafs because I think Leaf fans are the most intolerable in hockey by far. How can as fanbase like Toronto be SO arrogant when they hardly ever win anything of consequence?

I feel the same way about the Bruins.  I also don't dislike the Leaf players / team.  I do dislike the Tampa players / team in general.  That said, I'm rooting for Tampa to come out of this group as I think it maximizes off-season disruption among the teams we are trying to catch.

22 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Bruins fans are the worst. The racial abuse they heaped upon Joel Ward in the 2012 playoffs after he scored the game seven OT goal to win the series and eliminate Boston was shameful; just a disgusting display. 

Hedman skated in a regular jersey in the morning skate for Tampa and Cooper said he will take the warmup skate. But stopped short of saying Hedman will play.  

For Tampa, the series depends on how quickly he can come back and be himself.

If not, Toronto’s offensive speed and talent will continue to run over the likes of Perbix, Bogo, etc. No sign of Cernak at practice.   

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

I often don’t hate the Leafs but I always hate their fans.

Leafs fans are arrogant, I’ve been to Leafs games in Buffalo and Ottawa and they act like it is their barn.

I find there are so many of them around here that they have a herd mentaliy, oh you’re flying your Leafs flag in July so I’ll install my car flags. It’s July and you haven’t won f*** all in 55 years.

You cannot have a real hockey discussion with many of them because they are going al the way this year, Matthews is better than McDavid, Dubas is a genius and they deserve a Cup because they want it so bad.

There’s nothing I would like more than to have Matthews lead them on next year and then Tavares them on July 1st. Again, their fans just can’t understand why he would want to play elsewhere.

Eichel looking good. Reffing though? My goodness. I’m all for big hits etc but how that big hit on Lowy in first minute wasn’t late on is beyond me. Then an interference call for a little bump?

Bettman putting in the call, remember, no Canadian teams go too far guys. 😉 

15 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

Eichel looking good. Reffing though? My goodness. I’m all for big hits etc but how that big hit on Lowy in first minute wasn’t late on is beyond me. Then an interference call for a little bump?

Bettman putting in the call, remember, no Canadian teams go too far guys. 😉 

I know you’re kidding and I love that Canada doesn’t win cups, but the better team is winning this game and it isn’t because of officiating. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.