The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: First Round GDT

Eleven

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Careful with guarantees, but I hope you are right. 

They might not always be successful, but I've seen the fire each of them. Thompson's frame (as a target) worries me the most. I've seen fire from Joker and Mitts --- and actually I think Mitts will be sneaky mean once he learns the Power of the Cup Side. JJP and Power are the ones who might be ever-reluctant.

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

They might not always be successful, but I've seen the fire each of them. Thompson's frame (as a target) worries me the most. I've seen fire from Joker and Mitts --- and actually I think Mitts will be sneaky mean once he learns the Power of the Cup Side. JJP and Power are the ones who might be ever-reluctant.

Thing I have for Thompson is he's really a gentle giant. He might endure some of it, but he'd be better off to initiate more of it. Dahlin's learned that to some extent. As a constant target he's learned it's better to hit than be hit, even if it leads to a scrum. 

Power's still a kid. Let him grow into it. I'm not saying he will become a tank like McAvoy seems to be but he might become more than physical enough. Best to pair him with somebody to take on more of that. 

The more I watch Horvat now that he’s not in Vancouver i see his deficiencies. Great face off man but can’t drive his own line. Good at tips for goals but a terrible playmaker. The Canucks I thought screwed up by choosing Miller over Horvat but the latter has very little heart when it comes to sticking up for mates (like Auston M) whereas Miller (albeit a *****) has heart by the bucketloads. 

There was a time I thought Bo could be a fit in Buffalo but now I realize his best quality is faceoffs. The Isles are on the hook for 8 years 8.5 million and he’s in his late 20’s. Yikes. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.