Sabres are having their Pride Night on Monday

Eleven

41 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

This goes for any “support night/event”. The only way to advocate or support a cause is to put on a shirt, a pin, a ribbon or hat. Because others need to see it in order to believe you support a cause/group/idea.

Nope, no other way is accepted or believed. Only visual confirmation.

Inclusiveness seems to only be realized and believed if …

hqdefault.jpg

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I support Looby on this.  No one knows what it’s really like in Russia right now.  His family is there. 

What stinks is he won’t participate in warm ups.  Warming up before participating in a sport is important.  

Someone responded to the tweet calling him a coward.  Would love to see the keyboard warrior have that conversation with him directly.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I support Looby on this.  No one knows what it’s really like in Russia right now.  His family is there. 

What stinks is he won’t participate in warm ups.  Warming up before participating in a sport is important.  

Someone responded to the tweet calling him a coward.  Would love to see the keyboard warrior have that conversation with him directly.  

I think he is well liked by his teammates, non issue.

I am glad I live in a country that won’t threaten my family for something like this.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, French Collection said:

I am glad I live in a country that won’t threaten my family for something like this.

Well, spineless public idiots may threaten families. But at least no govt. entity will 👍🏼
Besides Canada and the US, are there any other counties on the planet that show so much support for gay citizens like this? 🤔

1 minute ago, French Collection said:

From what we saw after his game winning goal, he is extremely well liked.  He plays hard and plays in pain without question.  No surprise he is respected.  

No one should question his motives. 

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

Well, spineless public idiots may threaten families. But at least no govt. entity will 👍🏼
Besides Canada and the US, are there any other counties on the planet that show so much support for gay citizens like this? 🤔

Not sure which ones are as friendly or even better, but there are countries one of my kids will not travel to.

30 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I fully support Boosh’s decision every bit as much as i support the rights of the marginalized to live their lives unencumbered by fear of recrimination for simply being themselves. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

22 hours ago, Archie Lee said:

Again, what do people mean when they reference the LGBTQ+ lifestyle?  I have close family and friends who are part of the LGBTQ+ community and their lifestyle is the same as mine.  They get up, go to work or school, love and respect their friends and family, play sports, go to movies, share intimate moments with their partners, raise their children best they can, watch the Sabres, volunteer when they can, look out for neighbors, have regrets and hopes, sometimes make mistakes.  What is it about their "lifestyle" that is different?  

It's a fair point.  I should not have used the word lifestyle and I probably went with terminology that is commonly used and that's my mistake. Lifestyle does imply choice and that's not what I meant. Community is a better term.

Is there a rule that says all players on the ice during warmups must wear the same uniform?  I support Boosh, but I would love for him to be on the ice (unless that, too, is a risk for him as well).

Edited by LTS
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Sabres Twitter made me consider the possibility that Tage isn't returning from his day-to-day UBI because he (1) didn't want to participate in the Pride-themed warmup (for reasons like those of James Reimer) and (2) didn't want to deal with the fallout from declining to participate.

I hate the internet sometimes.

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Scotland: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.equality-network.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Scottish-LGBT-Travel-Report.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjvqsvSw_z9AhX0nVwKHT-zDBEQFnoECBEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0n0FV6PCeOo8bzPQ18uNPh

https://www.thenational.scot/news/20056224.edinburgh-glasgow-top-10-lgbt-friendly-cities-worldwide/

3 hours ago, Sidc3000 said:

IMO the whole special warm up  jersey thing is complete *****. It is literally just a way to sell ***** jerseys. I think they need to do away with this practice 

The jerseys aren’t sold for retail. They are actioned for charity. 

3 hours ago, Sidc3000 said:

Russian players (including Ovechkin) on other teams that are avoiding the Pride participation too but the Blackhawks are lying. Oooooook

Malkin has participated in every pride event held by the penguins since coming into the league. Some Russians are more inclined to thumb their nose. 

As far as the Staal brothers are concerned, I heard the larger issue was the jerseys were woven from multiple materials and that explicitly forbidden in the Bible. Easiest way to solve this is to put Pride nights on Sunday and all the Christians can sit out as they usually do on the Sabbath. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

About what?

Why wouldn’t he participate??? 🤷‍♂️. Just busting chops. I understand your reluctance about the claim but obviously there is serious concerns from the Russian players. Especially when Ovi didn’t participate in the Caps pride event in January (the team didn’t even have the pregame jersey’s) i knew something was up. 

1 minute ago, #freejame said:

Malkin has participated in every pride event held by the penguins since coming into the league. Some Russians are more inclined to thumb their nose. 

As far as the Staal brothers are concerned, I heard the larger issue was the jerseys were woven from multiple materials and that explicitly forbidden in the Bible. Easiest way to solve this is to put Pride nights on Sunday and all the Christians can sit out as they usually do on the Sabbath. 

My good sir, i believe you are a bit lost - 2005 reddit is over there 👉

Oh, and thou hast some cheeto dust on thy fedora

7 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

Why wouldn’t he participate??? 🤷‍♂️. Just busting chops. I understand your reluctance about the claim but obviously there is serious concerns from the Russian players. Especially when Ovi didn’t participate in the Caps pride event in January (the team didn’t even have the pregame jersey’s) i knew something was up. 

Chicago has 1 russian on the team. They canceled because they are chicken shits and then they lied about why. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, #freejame said:

1) there are other way to support organizations/charities than put the players in precarious situations like this

2) maybe Malkin plans on never returning to Russia or he’s doesn’t care about potentially being incarcerated if he does return🤷‍♂️

3) so the Staals have to ignore their religious beliefs but they HAVE TO RESPECT other people’s beliefs. So one’s persons beliefs are greater than someone else’s… Got it 👍

• Haha (+1) 1