GDT: Predators @ Sabres - Mar. 21, 2023, 7:00pm, MSG ๐Ÿ“บ, WGR ๐Ÿ“ป

LGR4GM

3 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

I may not be sympathetic enough.ย  IMHO - all of these players and coaches have been competing for probably the majority of their lives.ย  Yes, this is the NHL but any athlete who has performed has likely been in tight races, playoffs, pressure packed situations growing up.ย ย 

This team should therefore not be so "fragile" that they can't deal with some pressure and stress, so I don't want to hear Donny talk more about this being new and hard....as they should know how this feels already.

Tage said the pressure is new to them.

That was quite the poop show.

Agree with @PromoTheRobot that the team is gripping the sticks way too tight. But they have to figure a way to get their heads out of their bippies.ย 

No idea why Granato pulled the goalie when he did. If they get one to make it 6-4, absolutely pull UPL. But the odds of them giving up a goal rather than scoring one were way too great at that point to pull him there with it still 6-3.

Hopefully the B&R works its magic on Friday. (Would probably have a better chance of working with Levi between the pipes too.)

ย 

Edited by Taro T
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I thought 100% DG was coming back next season. ย I have to admit this is getting close to fire the coach territoryย 

For me, I had (still have) the earliest the GM could potentially be fired as after the 24/25 season. Next year, 23/24 playoffs are expectation. But that doesnโ€™t mean falling short means canning. Miss in 24/25, yes, you canโ€™t go 5 seasons as GM and not make the playoffs, that should be curtains.ย 

Granato however I thought could be open to replacement next season/after next season, with poor performance. Honestly, if it was me, this late season stretch could get bad enough, his status for next year could be on the table again. But itโ€™s not my choice and thereโ€™s no way, absolutely no way, KA diverges in that way this summer, imo

- - -ย 

honestly this line of conversation is just depressing after all these years. Itโ€™s closing in on โ€œwho caresโ€ territoryย 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

I may not be sympathetic enough.ย  IMHO - all of these players and coaches have been competing for probably the majority of their lives.ย  Yes, this is the NHL but any athlete who has performed has likely been in tight races, playoffs, pressure packed situations growing up.ย ย 

This team should therefore not be so "fragile" that they can't deal with some pressure and stress, so I don't want to hear Donny talk more about this being new and hard....as they should know how this feels already.

ย Certainly they had pressure all their lives. ย They are all AAA and up players. ย They all fought to play the highest level they could. ย They were all stars as kids and they all played tournaments and such. ย ย 
ย 

The problem comes from not being prepared for the opponent. ย This is March, not October. ย The game is not the same. ย But recently, the goaltending has been so bad that they are following behind and then collapsing. ย 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Contempt said:

Is it still? I drove through Williamsport not long ago and wondered if it was still in existence. Grit, not Williamsport.

The building is, I don't know about the paper. ย But the Grit building is right across from the hotel that I stay at when I'm there.

DG - still citing stress and anxiety, but maintaining they will get through this.ย  Ugh....now saying to keep the game simple....how about learning to neutralize high quality scoring chances in your own zone (just my opinion).

Ugh, now he's using the "trauma" word....unbelievable!!!ย  I'm getting to the point I'd almost rather hear Ralph Kruger (joking)

Edited by Carmel Corn
  • Like (+1) 1

ย 

2nd game in a week in which we had the better analytics but were manhandled.

ย 

I honestly feel they are in a bit of a vicious cycle at this time. Goalies are cold and Dahlin is playing hurt.ย 

Players feel nerves from playoff race

Players grip sticks far too tight and try to overanalyze everything

Goaltenders give up questionable early goal

Players feel even more pressure and start gripping even harder

Breakdowns start occurring and the players just can't break out of it.

ย 

They seem to know what's happening before and after the game but during the heat of the moment are getting burned continuously. The loss to the Rangers seemed to snap something and started torching their mindset. If there's a sign of a lack of enough vets; it's this right here. Effectively you have 10+ players looking to Okposo and Anderson to right the ship. (A coach can't right the ship in this situation as it isn't Xs&Os but mental player stuff.) But Anderson can only play once a week maximum and Okposo is one guy. Girgs and Skinner are technically vets but neither have a lick of experience in playoff races and thus don't have anything to contribute really.

15 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The building is, I don't know about the paper. ย But the Grit building is right across from the hotel that I stay at when I'm there.

I looked it up, the paper moved to Topeka, Kansas like 30 years ago. It's now in glossy magazine format and sold at farm and feed stores in the Midwest.

10 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Think we all have to keep things in perspective.ย 
yes theyโ€™ve collapsed but just remember it could be worse.ย 
In 1975-76 the Kansas City scouts won only 1 of their last 44 games of the season ย ย 
ย 

ย 

And where are they now? ย 

Edited by Pimlach

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

Kansas City became Colorado who became New Jersey. ย  So they are doing pretty good now ๐Ÿ˜‚

Whatโ€™s really interesting to me is that the Adams division that year was Boston , Toronto , Buffalo and the freaking California Golden Seals!!! Whoever thought that was a good idea??!!ย 

ย 

ย 

Glad I missed the one... needed the rest before shift... Guess it didnt go so well? Tage ever take off his dress? ย Ollie still wearing high heals? ย These guys need to learn the diference between point early in the season and making a playoff run.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.