GDT: Big Bad Bruins at Sabres, 3-19-2023 1pm ESPN+, MSG

matter2003

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

Have these guys quit since the trade deadline? Where is the pride? I would be pissed if I was Adams.

Adyms has no one to be pissed at but himself.  Just like Jefferson Starship built their city on rock 'n roll, Adyms built the Sabres on crappy goaltending.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Adyms has no one to be pissed at but himself.  Just like Jefferson Starship built their city on rock 'n roll, Adyms built the Sabres on crappy goaltending.

And tonight it was on full display. By the time UPL had faced 8 shots he had let in 50% of them. Dreadful.

4 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

And tonight it was on full display. By the time UPL had faced 8 shots he had let in 50% of them. Dreadful.

And Adyms's accomplice didn't pull UPL, either, because the backup is almost my age (by Kyvyn's design).

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Have these guys quit since the trade deadline? Where is the pride? I would be pissed if I was Adams.

1.  Some key injuries have happened.  
2. Some of the rookies and sophomores are hitting the wall. 
3. Playoff type hockey is harder than what this team knows

4.  Not enough veteran experience and some of the vets we do have aren’t pulling the load. 
5.  We have 3 goalies, meaning we don’t have a goalie. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 4

• SDS unpinned this topic
57 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

To some extent it's possible. The culture they are (were?) attempting to build is (was?) a fragile thing and when basically no help came at the deadline some players may have thought well, that's it for this year. 

Pride? Even if they signed long term deals (because it was their best $ option under this CBA) I don't think many of these players feel particularly connected to the blue and gold. I doubt there's anybody (maybe Tuch) who want to play the rest of their career in Buffalo the way some guys feel about Boston. It's not that they necessarily want out, but I doubt they'd be heartbroken if traded to a contender. 

23 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Adams is the one that let the team down by not supporting the team to get them to the playoffs.

They quit just like he did for a draft pick 

What draft pick did he not want to give up ? 

54 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

4.  Not enough veteran experience and some of the vets we do have aren’t pulling the load. 

Shame this good post is followed up by 3 or 4 posts that are complete nonsense 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Awesome. Its been a while for us but we love it there too. I suspected that's where you went, but I'm always looking for new spots to check out.

They do a good dinner as well. Love the Beef Bourguignon. 

Yes, I make a mean Bourguignon, but sometimes it's better to just relax and not cook all day. 

There is a place in Williamsville, breakin eggs in main st, they do crepes and a good breakfast/brunch. It's not quite to the level of the European ones, but for being local, they do pretty well. 

8 hours ago, Spoonman said:

team usa dancing GIF by U.S. Figure Skating

@Sidc3000This is my kinda 7......

I did not get to enjoy the beat down, as I was travelling for my daughter's wedding tomorrow. Thanks for the positivity brotha.  I had a wonderful visit with my daughter tonight. So happy for her and her awesome (tomorrow) husband. 

What is the latest on Levi? I would like to see him v Nashville ......

Happy Good Day GIF by Just  Dance

I guess I am in a HIP mood tonight.  🤣🤣🤣⚔️

Congratulations! 

8 hours ago, Pimlach said:

1. Shouldn’t be an excuse. Shows mental weakness and the GM’s inability to secure depth

2. that is 100% on the training staff. If the 20-somethings can’t handle the 82 games season then Adams needs to fire the training staff and hire people that can keep these kids physically fit for 82 games. 

3. I agree with this and most of the players on this team haven’t experienced it. The problem I have is that playoff hockey is about defense and this coaching staff does not prioritize it. They are offense only and That will only get you about this far 

4. That is 100% on the GM. He (and many on this board) is all about the kids growing old together and not bringing in vets that could interfere with the kids club  

5. Technical 4 goalies now and so very true. At least Levi will be getting on the team just in time to join the kids club in the Caribbean at the end of April. 

DG talked about all the stress these kids are under right now and that is what is affecting their performance. Awww, poor babies. They can’t handle a little stress? Maybe they need a bigger safe space with more PS5’s so they can relieve some stress. 

Well they better learn quick on how to handle the stress of the end of the season quick because that ***** excuse isn’t going to work next season. Oh wait a second, we’re talking about Sabres fans. We have basically accepted every excuse in the books for why they can’t get to the post season. 

don’t with my rant. I needed to get that off my chest. 

10 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Good points.  They still played poorly and as individuals instead as a team.  

Edited by Nitro60
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I took some time to watch replays and the DG interview.   That was dumb of me.  Time to put this away.  

I just hope the y play hard the rest of the way.  Would really like to see Tage snd Dahlin get their games back.  

The talk of getting a better draft pick irritates me.   

I want them to make one last run, start scoring and winning again to end the season. Really need to do that to make this season end on a better note. 

Just now, Nitro60 said:

Godd points.  They still played poorly and as individuals instead as a team.  

Absolutely.  I am not making excuses for them but the facts are they are not yet ready for prime time.  There is a lot of work to do. 

Speaking of Tesm - They don’t stick up for each other nearly enough anymore either.  They were doing it for awhile. Great to see Cozens take on Frederick, after Frederick went after Dahlin.   

Greendog had his chances to answer but he doesn’t want to be bothered.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I took some time to watch replays and the DG interview.   That was dumb of me.  Time to put this away.  

I just hope the y play hard the rest of the way.  Would really like to see Tage snd Dahlin get their games back.  

The talk of getting a better draft pick irritates me.   

I want them to make one last run, start scoring and winning again to end the season. Really need to do that to make this season end on a better note. 

I agree with you.

We tend to live and die by the moment, but years later we just look back at the point total to more less assess how a season went- there’s a reason we do that. The most accurate reading is almost always in the larger pool of data 

People will say it doesn’t matter, maybe it’s semantics, it almost seems too simple, but sometimes I think we / I do over complicate. Win more games to end, and prove yourself a team *less in NEED* of that higher pick. I want to be a Sabres team that finishes with 89 points, not a Sabres team that fails to break Bylsma’s mark from my first season posting here. 

maybe it doesn’t matter but on balance, in the macro, I’ll take the season w/more points as far as what it means for the future. Nothing wrong with the future seeming a little more in reach 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.