GDT: Big Bad Bruins at Sabres, 3-19-2023 1pm ESPN+, MSG

matter2003

5 minutes ago, TRIP65 said:

"You have the worst posting etiquette on this site. Full caps every random word makes me wonder if you're actual Trump posting as a Sabres fan. "

You know how to use COMMAS?

I put my editor’s hat on. Tell me where in his post a comma necessary?

Adams sure has his work cut out for him in the offseason, I feel like we need a top 4 defensemen to pair with Power, at least another solid defensive bottom 6 defensemen. A better 2 way forward in place of Mittlestadt, Olofsson. a top 6 goal  scorer and a legit goaltender. It's doable but that is alot of turnover and you have to find the right guys to gel with 1 another. 

59 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

Sports Prophet winner.  Congratulations Sir. 🎊 

You want to know my secret formula, you need to know it, don't ya, Don't Ya, DON'T YA?????

Fine, it's really no secret, I just split broke one of the problems on this teams number in half.

That's right, Olofsson, #71

7 to the opponent, 1 to the Goldbrickers

🤣 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Contempt said:

How many more years are you giving them before you want them fired because they aren't winning this year either. 

For me, McDermott would be fired now. Probably a good thing I am not. Beane has this year, he has KICKED the CAN down the road starting last year signing Vonn. If it doesn't pan out then he should go. New GM then can get his Coach, if not McDermott. New GM would have to bottom out one year, get rid of all non-essential BIG contracts. Josh Allen really is the only essential player, maybe Milano and Dawkins too.

10 minutes ago, SDS said:

That’s because the hardest thing in sports, pretty much in all sports (except maybe basketball) is scoring. Stopping people from scoring is trivial in comparison. 

Can’t say I agree with such a generalization, especially for all sports. 

As is stands we will have another year of DG to evaluate whether he can and will put an effective defensive component into his system.   He will be back.  This season is pencilled in as a successful step forward - the past 10 games will not change that.  

• Agree 2

Another thing - anybody thinking Granato is on any kind of hot seat is fooling themselves. He's Adams' boy and he was just extended. He's not going anywhere. I still like him as the coach of this team overall. Right now he's icing a team that has one of the worst defensive corps of any team in this league and detritus in net. Only team close off the top of my head is Vancouver. He needs better players there. But, I do agree he needs to emphasize defense more. Probably needs to bring somebody in from outside to help.

I also believe breaking Levi in in net with this group in front of him could so more harm than good. The only teams I'd even considering putting him in against would be the Habs and Columbus in the finale.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Can’t say I agree with such a generalization, especially for all sports. 

As is stands we will have another year of DG to evaluate whether he can and will put an effective defensive component into his system.   He will be back.  This season is pencilled in as a successful step forward - the past 10 games will not change that.  

Feel free to provide any sort of reason as to why stopping somebody from doing something is harder than having to do it yourself.

28 minutes ago, lowsabre said:

The person I was quoting was quoting someone who was mocking some post for being reminiscent of some politician. My post was a sarcastic one based on a copypasta of one of the politician's social media posts.

I laughed

2 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

I got suspected from here for abusive language when I talked bad about Dahlin 🤷‍♂️

Do you mean when a mistake was made and you were let back in and all warning points were removed?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SDS said:

Do you mean when a mistake was made and you were let back in and all warning points were removed?

Yes and since I was just joking I should have said that it was a mistake in my post. I just think it’s funny that it seemed like i got suspended for talking bad crap about Dahlin. 👍

2 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

@SDS fixed 👍😉

Yes, it should have been my account and I apologize for that. 

Oh *****, I used, at least I think I did, a comma in my last post. 

10 minutes ago, SDS said:

Sorry again about that. 100% on me. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Yes, it should have been my account and I apologize for that. 

Oh *****, I used, at least I think I did, a comma in my last post. 

Sorry again about that. 100% on me. 

Meh ****  happens 🤷‍♂️ but that comma is a fatal error 🤣. I suck at grammar. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.