Forward Jordan Greenway Traded to Buffalo for a 2023 2nd VGK and 2024 5th Round Pick

Brawndo

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

8 minutes ago, Curt said:

I hope he doesn’t stink, because it kinda looks like he has stunk this season.

Which is what it looks like when you shop in the scratch and dent aisle at the deadline. Low prices, visible flaws. Maybe they buff out, maybe they don't. This one is worth the dice roll because he's different from the other stuff they have. Fills a big need.blockquote widget

Edited by Contempt
Sorry Liger, didn't mean to hit you on that.
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PotentPowerPlay21 said:

The Sabres brass (KA) might finally be realizing that this is the softest team in the league. Stillman and Greenway are not super skilled, but they are not soft.

I think this likely means Okposo isn’t coming back as a player. 

Just now, Taro T said:

And he's under contract for 2 more years. Asplund can't be happy.

Honestly, Asplund should be traded in the next little bit here. No reason to keep him now unfortunately. 

Just now, Scottysabres said:

Weekes mentioned retention, any info on this?

There is none currently being reported. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Honestly, Asplund should be traded in the next little bit here. No reason to keep him now unfortunately. 

Asplund has done nothing for me this year in his limited time on the ice.  I know you, and others, were high on him.  I used to think more highly but this year changed my mind. 

• Agree 3

The Boston game made it really clear how we missed Tuchs forecheck. If he can hold a candle to that on a lower line it should help this team.  Asplund and Peterka have been nothing special, you only get the minutes to grow if you have growth potential and they both don’t seem to have it. 

Still massive gaping hole on defense though. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Would agree.

And expect Greenway takes Peterka's slot for now and if Okposo isn't back next year (keep slowly coming around to expecting him not back) then he steps into that role right off.  Anybody know if he played with Jost when they were both in Minnesota?

I get that he's big and plays a defense first game, but 2G and 5A all year appears to be WELL below the Mendoza Line of being a legit NHL forward.

It looks like Adams is banking on this being a down year for him because his past years look quite respectable for a 3/4 line role. Let's hope he guessed right.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.