GDT: Capitals @ Sabres - Feb. 26, 2023, 1pm, MSG, WGR

Mustache of God

Cozens really brought it today. I really loved seeing how even after a hat trick he was still focused and looking at a white board trying to get better. He just lives, eats and breaths hockey. Still my choice for captain next year although I know it'll be Dahlin. We missed Dahlin today. Some huge defensive lapses and errors and the lack of D depth is still a problem. Fingers crossed he's back soon. 

Quinn stepped up and if he keeps playing like that he will win me over. All the young guys on this team seem to get it. True hockey players, not divas. 

You could see the quit in Washington after we scored the 7th goal. They are done. Shell of what they were.

Now on the negative, although possession is important we have to stop those blind drop back passes. One almost cost us and one did. Just dumb stupid plays. Sometimes it's better to just shoot it in and go forecheck, especially against an old team with a weak D. I hope Granato takes them to town on this. It has to stop.

Speaking of Granato, second game in a row with an animated fired up coach. Love it. You know he can taste playoffs and he wants it. It's not just teaching any more, he wants it. They all want it. 

Gentlemen and ladies, it's been a long decade, but I think we finally  have a hockey team. 

• Like (+1) 8

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.