Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

1 hour ago, JujuFish said:

Big trap game vibes.

Respectfully, no such thing this time of year. But I fear the dead-cat bounce.

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Josh Allen is the best QB to ever play for Buffalo. 

I don't think there can be any question about this. 

That said, it is a bit of apples : oranges - comparing Allen to any other QB (mainly Kelly) to have played for the Bills.

I was in a full lather at the stadium last night - surrounded as we were by a great many Cowboy "fans."** (Shoutout to my regular STH neighbours who sold their tickets.) Anyhoo - when the refs whistled that one play dead just as Allen broke free and was about to hit Diggs for a 50-yard score or rip off a 25-yard run - I just started screaming "THAT'S NOT A QUARTERBACK IN THE GRASP ... THAT'S AN ALIEN ... AND HIS NAME IS JOSH ... F**KING ... ALLEN."

**Cowboy "fans" who were born and raised in the midwest/rust belt? C'mon.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Respectfully, no such thing this time of year. But I fear the dead-cat bounce.

I don't think there can be any question about this. 

That said, it is a bit of apples : oranges - comparing Allen to any other QB (mainly Kelly) to have played for the Bills.

I was in a full lather at the stadium last night - surrounded as we were by a great many Cowboy "fans."** (Shoutout to my regular STH neighbours who sold their tickets.) Anyhoo - when the refs whistled that one play dead just as Allen broke free and was about to hit Diggs for a 50-yard score or rip off a 25-yard run - I just started screaming "THAT'S NOT A QUARTERBACK IN THE GRASP ... THAT'S AN ALIEN ... AND HIS NAME IS JOSH ... F**KING ... ALLEN."

**Cowboy "fans" who were born and raised in the midwest/rust belt? C'mon.

The league has been brainwashing casual fans into rooting for the Cowboys for decades.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, irregularly irregular said:

I think most of us could agree that McD is the best coach since Marv. To call him great (at this point) is a stretch. That sums it up. 

Yes.

But our society is built like a carousel, up and down, round and round and each second a player is either the GOAT or Him and the next a bust. 🙂

1 hour ago, JujuFish said:

McDermott ended the drought before Allen was drafted.

Wait I am not done. 

9-7 made the playoffs and lost 10-3

6-10 missed playoffs and Josh Allen was a rookie

Since that point we have the following all playoffs seasons:

10-6

13-3

11-6

13-3

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Yea, I can recall it like it was yesterday. Tyrod Taylor playing in a playoff game and sucking giant balls. 

Me too. And I remember thinking we had just seen the team's ceiling with TT at QB and Greg Roman as OC - which never was going to be near good enough.

Just hearing about James Cook not getting a game ball?  How is that even possible?  Ok, maybe you could find your way to the O-line and Cook, but giving it to Josh is just tone-def.  And yes, Josh is the best Buffalo Bill player and MVP on almost every day….but not this Sunday. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/josh-allen-game-ball-james-cook-sean-mcdermott-locker-room/ce783db52b90a491492da27c

IF the Bills win out, they are nearly a lock for the playoffs at this point.

It looks like the teams ahead of Buffalo have 18 games total remaining between them (including KC's and Baltimore's games) and not counting the Fishies Bills game.  There are 5 games between 2 of those teams (Cincy at KC, Cleveland at Cincy, Cleveland at Houston, Houston at Indy, and Miami at Baltimore).  

Saw a scenario laid out by Kevin Massare stating this was the only way for the Bills to win out and miss the playoffs.  

His scenario went:

Cincy beats Pittsburgh, KC, and Cleveland;

Cleveland beats Houston and Jest;

Indy beats Atlanta, Vegas, and Houston; 

Miami beats Dallas and Baltimore;

and Baltimore beats the 9ers or Pittsburgh.

Leaving Cincy, Cleveland, Indy, and Buffalo all at 11-6 with Baltimore and Miami ahead of that.  And presumably Buffalo loses all the tiebreakers.  But even with all those teams even with or ahead of Buffalo and KC doing whatever taking their division, the Bills still could still be in 7th.

BUT, Jax can also end up at 11-6 without playing any of those other teams and they beat Buffalo earlier.  IF that happens and all the rest of that occurred as well then that would make Buffalo the 8th seeded team missing the playoffs.  

Provided KC loses to Cincy, it doesn't matter what they'd do because they'd win their division or lose it to another team that would have fewer wins than the Bills that would then win the division.

But, if Buffalo wins out, there need to be 14 other games that all work against the Bills to keep them out of the playoffs.  And depending on who would have the tie breaker between Baltimore and the Bills, there might need to be 1 of 2 other games also working against the Bills.  (And, no, didn't bother to factor in the potential of ties.  Don't care THAT much about this stuff.)

So, it's close enough for government work to say, if the Bills win out they're in.

4 hours ago, JustOneParade said:

Me too. And I remember thinking we had just seen the team's ceiling with TT at QB and Greg Roman as OC - which never was going to be near good enough.

I saw the video after the game.  It was shocking to see Josh get the game ball.  He might have been the last person who deserved it.  Cook, the Oline, the Dline, the entire defense were all more deserving.  

There was a post earlier talking about the Buffalo playoff chances if they win out.  That post mentioned that Jax had to win yesterday for there to be any scenario in which the Bills win out and still don't make the playoffs.  Since Jax lost, I'd assume the Bills are a lock for the playoffs if they win out.  

45 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I saw the video after the game.  It was shocking to see Josh get the game ball.  He might have been the last person who deserved it.  Cook, the Oline, the Dline, the entire defense were all more deserving.  

There was a post earlier talking about the Buffalo playoff chances if they win out.  That post mentioned that Jax had to win yesterday for there to be any scenario in which the Bills win out and still don't make the playoffs.  Since Jax lost, I'd assume the Bills are a lock for the playoffs if they win out.  

You know what happens when you assume, right?

No.  If the Jags, Colts, and Bengals all win out with Cleveland winning their other 2 and Miami winning their other 2 then even if the Bills win out they miss out on the playoffs.  So, if 14 of 14 games go the wrong way, then even if Buffalo wins out they don't win out.

But, the possibility of all 14 games breaking the wrong way would seem to be rather slim.

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Allen is the most talented, but he's not the best QB until he starts winning more playoff games.

It’s interesting how you tout McD as a good coach, but limit/ demerit Allen because he hasn’t won more playoff games. Has Allen been the problem aside from the Texans hero ball game that they lost in OT? I would be interested in your follow up…

9 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

It’s interesting how you tout McD as a good coach, but limit/ demerit Allen because he hasn’t won more playoff games. Has Allen been the problem aside from the Texans hero ball game that they lost in OT? I would be interested in your follow up…

The obvious answer here is that nfreeman never called McDermott the Bills' best coach.

8 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Cowboy "fans" who were born and raised in the midwest/rust belt? C'mon.

Pancho Billa (Ezra Castro) was perhaps the most dedicated Bills fan ever.  He was born in El Paso and was living in Dallas when he passed away.

pancho-billa-4-2000-73dcfdb53cd34fa8a6c76aadad836be3.thumb.jpg.9241317d1406aa16119fffa7f972622b.jpg

RIP Ezra

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Just hearing about James Cook not getting a game ball?  How is that even possible?  Ok, maybe you could find your way to the O-line and Cook, but giving it to Josh is just tone-def.  And yes, Josh is the best Buffalo Bill player and MVP on almost every day….but not this Sunday. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/josh-allen-game-ball-james-cook-sean-mcdermott-locker-room/ce783db52b90a491492da27c

He made NFL history that ball is going to Canton

• Thanks (+1) 1