What is the primary reason you visit this board?

mjd1001

Is this forum and the Sabres/Hockey your primary interest?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Is this forum and the Sabres/Hockey your primary interest?

• The Sabres are my favorite team, the NHL my favorite sport and this forum my favorite forum and I visit/contribute to this the most.
    • The Sabres/hockey/this forum is just another interest I have, but not my primary sporting interest.

2 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Just like the fat guy at Amerks games used to yell out

Hockey...

Hockey...

HOCKEEEEY!!!

Most Rocesterians here are prolly too young to remember him. 

And Pincy spelling Amerks for each section around the arena during playoff games after whistles.  

And the Pee Wee Herman tequila dance on top of the rail of a section.  

Amerks games used to be so fun.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

And Pincy spelling Amerks for each section around the arena during playoff games after whistles.  

And the Pee Wee Herman tequila dance on top of the rail of a section.  

Amerks games used to be so fun.  

Did the Earl of Bud appear in Rochester too?  His dance on the rail at the old Aud in Buffalo was the stuff of legend.

I come mostly to lurk and expand my perspective on the comings and goings of my favorite sports team.  I'm usually rewarded with more diverse and frequently better takes than the media pros provide - I like it when posters flesh out the nuance of the topic by expanding on each others takes with further detail and insight. 

I LOVE when two posters fundamentally disagree on an (often complex) topic (with multiple potential right answers) and exhaust all of their logical points debating who is "right" before inevitably, devolving into pettily sniping at each other

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think hockey has me still watching because for some reason, every game, every goal, seems unique to me, at least more than some other sports. 

In the NFL, there really isn't much I haven't already seen. Most great catches? I've seen something like them before. A great run?  Seen hundreds of them already.  Incredible come from behind wins?  Not too incredible after you have seen them already.  Baseball is even more like that...what haven't I seen occur on the field that I haven't witnessed before?  Now hockey.....I guess someone could say the same thing..and yes, some of those one-timer goals are carbon copies of every other one.  But over the years, It just FEELS to me that I am more likely to see something different in Hockey/the NHL than in most other sports. 

Waiting to see how a prospect develops in hockey seems more interesting to now than it does regarding a draft pick in the NFL or baseball.  I think that is why I have come to watch ALL sports less than I have in the past, but the Sabres/NHL is the one I follow the most now (where 20 years ago it was 3rd behind the NFL and Baseball)

Edited by mjd1001

14 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

It's a great honor to be compared to Principal Skinner.

You're here to approve of alt-right content, to disapprove of any political (sometimes it's not even political, but you see it that way) content that isn't alt-right, and to do little else.  You had the ability to be so much greater.

EDIT:  You still HAVE the ability to be so much greater.  Please exercise it.

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.