2033-34 Sabres Early Thoughts

PASabreFan

6 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Another trilogy will have been released and another brave generation of Rebels Sabres will be called to do battle between the Cup Side and the Cap Side of the Concept Of.

So the Poincare Duality of "Sides of the Concept Of"?

• Thanks (+1) 1

progris riport 2-martch 6
I had a test today. I think I faled it. and I think that maybe now they wont use me. What happind is a nice young man was in the room and he had some white cards with ink spillled all over them. He sed Charlie what do you see on this card. I was very skared even tho I had my rabits foot in my pockit because when I was a kid I always faled tests in school and I spillled ink to.
I told him I saw a inkblot. He said yes and it made me feel good. I thot that was all but when I got up to go he stopped me. He said now sit down Charlie we are not thru yet. Then I dont remember so good but he wantid me to say what was in the ink. I dint see nuthing in the ink but he said there was picturs there other pepul saw some picturs. I coudnt see any picturs. I reely tryed to see. I held the card close up and then far away. Then I said if 1 had my glases I coud see better I usally only ware my glases in the movies or TV but 1 said they are in the closh in the hall. I got them. Then I said let me see that card agen I bet III find it now.
I tryed hard but I still coudnt find the picturs I only saw the ink. 1 told him maybe 1 need new glases. He rote somthing down on a paper and I got skared of faling the test. I told him it was a very nice inkblot with littel points all around the eges. He looked very sad so that wasnt it. I said please let me try agen. III get it in a few minits becaus 1m not so fast somtimes. 1m a slow reeder too in Miss Kinnians class for slow adults but I'm trying very hard.
He gave me a chance with another card that had 2 kinds of ink spilled on it red and blue.
He was very nice and talked slow like Miss Kinnian does and he ex­ planed it to me that it was a raw shok. He said pepul see things in the ink. I said show me where. He said think. I told him I think a inkblot but that wasnt rite eather. He said what does it remind you-pretend something. 1 closd my eyes for a long time to pretend. I told him I pretend a fowntan pen with ink leeking all over a table cloth. Then he got up and went out.
1 dont think I passd the raw shok test.

• Haha (+1) 1

The Pegula's completed the building of a new trophy room at the First Niagara Center to hold the record number of Cups won from 2024 to 2033.  

Team leaders Dahlin, Power, Cozens and Thompson will be on hand to dedicate the room before they suit up for another run at the Cup.  

In other news, Dan Dunleavy and Rob Ray are honored by the NHL for excellence in Hockey broadcasting.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Sabres win Cup!  4th liner Jack Eichel fulfills his destiny by scoring the Sabres' Cup-winning goal in the 6th overtime of game 7 with the primary assist from the retiring Sam Reinhart.

Edited by Marvin
More stooooopidity.

Come on PA.  We've had threads like this much earlier in the season before.

2 hours ago, TheAud said:

Guys who start bogus threads to mock others who started threads they deem unworthy. 

What A Dork GIF by The Bachelor Australia

Thing is, she is CLEARLY NOT SAYING "what a dork."  This is why I don't understand memes.  You could put "thanks for the flowers" or "go Sabres" or "***** your mother" under that and it would make exactly as much sense.

50 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Come on PA.  We've had threads like this much earlier in the season before.

Thing is, she is CLEARLY NOT SAYING "what a dork."  This is why I don't understand memes.  You could put "thanks for the flowers" or "go Sabres" or "***** your mother" under that and it would make exactly as much sense.

You can't take them so literally. It's more about the overall vibe. Lip reading not required. 

35 minutes ago, TheAud said:

You can't take them so literally. It's more about the overall vibe. Lip reading not required. 

But the overall vibe is that she's dippy and wants miso soup for dinner.  Or that she's really happy that her sister got her birthday card.  Or that she's concerned about her uncle George's health.  Seriously, it's less than two seconds.  WTF is the overall vibe?

8 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

There's no ***** way Rasmus Dahlin is coming into our building and winning the Conn Smythe again!

Has anyone even won it twice in a row in a losing effort?

In their upside down inside out backward reverse retro throwbacks nonetheless. 

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

But the overall vibe is that she's dippy and wants miso soup for dinner.  Or that she's really happy that her sister got her birthday card.  Or that she's concerned about her uncle George's health.  Seriously, it's less than two seconds.  WTF is the overall vibe?

It's whatever I say it is, dammit. 
lol

38 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

While PA is being a smart ass with this thread, what are the odds that any current Sabres is still on the team in 10 years? Power or Dahlin?  

How many guys have actually played 10 or more straight seasons for the Sabres?  Gilbert, C Ramsey, Mike Ramsay, Miller, Hasek?

Great trivia

Hajt, Rob Ray, Zhitnik, Andreychuk (traded in his 11th, came back for a 12th), Rico got traded in his 10th, as did Don Luce, Lindy Ruff and Mike Foligno.

And Zemgus would be in number 10 this year, if he hadn’t have missed the entire season 2 years ago.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

While PA is being a smart ass with this thread, what are the odds that any current Sabres is still on the team in 10 years? Power or Dahlin?  

How many guys have actually played 10 or more straight seasons for the Sabres?  Gilbert, C Ramsey, Mike Ramsay, Miller, Hasek?

Dom was only a Sabre for 9 years.

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

Great trivia

Hajt, Rob Ray, Zhitnik, Andreychuk (traded in his 11th, came back for a 12th), Rico got traded in his 10th, as did Don Luce, Lindy Ruff and Mike Foligno.

And Zemgus would be in number 10 this year, if he hadn’t have missed the entire season 2 years ago.

Pommers played 10 years for us. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.