GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Arizona Coyotes 12/17/22--9 pm eastern MSG

bob_sauve28

Arizona beat the Islanders last night, helping the Sabres. 5 points behind the 8th place Islanders with a game in hand.

Coyotes are on a back to back and probably start their backup. Sabres need to come out buzzing and take them and their fans out early.

Tage returns to his spawning ground!

These guys surprised us all at Key Bank Centre, we want revenge!

Dahlin with 2 points tonight, 4-1 Sabres.

Let’s go Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 5

The sports gods mock us again as the Bills and Sabres are scheduled to play at the same time.  I will watch the Bills live and DVR the Sabres, and then watch the Sabres afterwards while fast forwarding past the commercials and between periods.

Also, when are the Sabres going to stop being cheap by not flying the announcing team out to western games. That’s embarrassing.

• Like (+1) 1

MUST WIN !!

GO SABRES !!

The small and intimate arena sounds and looks fabulous.

The Sabres really need to take advantage of this situation and win big tonight.  They would move within 3 of the Islanders.

Let's do this !!

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS

1 hour ago, pastajoe said:

The sports gods mock us again as the Bills and Sabres are scheduled to play at the same time.  I will watch the Bills live and DVR the Sabres, and then watch the Sabres afterwards while fast forwarding past the commercials and between periods.

Also, when are the Sabres going to stop being cheap by not flying the announcing team out to western games. That’s embarrassing.

Totally. It’s not like it’s some huge expense, especially given that hockey teams are not as expensive as, say, NFL teams. And it’s not like the Pegula’s don’t have any money. Plus, we are not even approaching the top tier for salary cap expenditures, so they are also saving money there.

5 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I haven't been paying attention. What's the reason for them playing in such a small arena? 

I'm gonna miss it, as I'll be sitting in a blizzard watching the Bills squish the Tua.

Quick google search …

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/sharks/why-nhls-coyotes-are-playing-arizona-states-new-arena

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/32051882/city-glendale-terminating-arizona-coyotes-gila-arena-lease-2021-22-season

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Fascinating that even though they dropped to a capacity of some 5000 fans, by raising ticket prices their ticket revenue is actually up 50% over what it was last season!

But sad to read that Buffalo was last in attendance. How much our culture has changed. When I was a young teenager in the early to mid 70s, being able to attend a Sabres game was like winning a lottery. Every game was a standing room only sell out! I remember the first game I attended vs the Broad Street bullies, and getting to watch the French Connection. Martin scored a great goal right in front of our seats. We won and Schoenfeld totally roughed up Schultz that game. 

I also remember the Sabres had an open practice every year over the holidays and we would attend those. And it was thrilling. Filled the arena! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.