GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Arizona Coyotes 12/17/22--9 pm eastern MSG

bob_sauve28

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

This team certainly seems cursed on the Defense; Buffalo as a whole to be honest.

Last two games were ok. Small sampling.

3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

With Skinner and Okposo coming back, does Granato keep Mittlestadt and Olofsson on different lines?

I was wondering the same. Does Skinner play with Olof and Mitts with TT/Tuch? 

10 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Seems that he was out for the morning skate and went to the dressing room after talking with training staff.  Looks like he will not be playing tonight.  

Now listed as day to day.

They made it through Colorado with injuries. No reason not to beat the yotes despite the same injuries. 

TT scores because he always does.

Muel scores (hopefully).

Quinn scores (off a Cozens assist)

5-2 Sabres win.

• Like (+1) 2

Yet another 

17 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

They made it through Colorado with injuries. No reason not to beat the yotes despite the same injuries. 

TT scores because he always does.

Muel scores (hopefully).

Quinn scores (off a Cozens assist)

5-2 Sabres win.

It’s cause everyone has injuries 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, pastajoe said:

The sports gods mock us again as the Bills and Sabres are scheduled to play at the same time.  I will watch the Bills live and DVR the Sabres, and then watch the Sabres afterwards while fast forwarding past the commercials and between periods.

Also, when are the Sabres going to stop being cheap by not flying the announcing team out to western games. That’s embarrassing.

Welcome to my world.

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Skinner was back to the top line

Okposo is in and Mitts was on the PP.

I imagine Vinnie sits 

Vinny sitting is pretty much a given.  Q is who joins him?

Was going to go off the board & guess Jost.  But will stick w/ Asplund.  (3rd guess is Olofsson.)

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

With Skinner and Okposo coming back, does Granato keep Mittlestadt and Olofsson on different lines?

We can hope, but not expecting it.  Would almost have to be Girgensons - Krebs - Olofsson & Mittelstadt - Jost - Okposo because Olofsson would seem to be wasted on a line w/ Girgensons & Jost. 

(That said, of course it'd be Z-Jost-Victor & Mitts-Krebs-KO should they actually get split.)

3 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

So something like this?

Skinner TT Tuch

Peterka Cozens Quinn

Asplund Mitts Olof

Girgs Josi KO

Don't see Krebs coming out of the lineup tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

We can hope, but not expecting it.  Would almost have to be Girgensons - Krebs - Olofsson & Mittelstadt - Jost - Okposo because Olofsson would seem to be wasted on a line w/ Girgensons & Jost. 

(That said, of course it'd be Z-Jost-Victor & Mitts-Krebs-KO should they actually get split.)

Don't see Krebs coming out of the lineup tonight.

I totally forgot him. So Krebs takes Jodi’s spot? I dunno, guess I’ll wait until Brawndo posts the lineup. 

6 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

To Harrington's Q.  Hopefully not for a long while this year.  With the O firing on all cylinders, a steady diet of backups can make playoffs closer to a reality.

2 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I totally forgot him. So Krebs takes Jodi’s spot? I dunno, guess I’ll wait until Brawndo posts the lineup. 

Either Jost's or Asplund bounces & Mitts slides to his slot.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Well AZ is not a deep team.  IF Mittelstadt & Olofsson are going to look good together this is the sort of game it has to happen.  Pretty sure would prefer having Jost in the middle, but maybe this is the way to keep from having Mitts get the puck to the boards w/ limited options.

Jost seems to be pretty good as a forechecker for a bottom 6 guy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.