GDT: Sharks @ Sabres, 7pm, Dec. 4th 2022, MSG πŸ“Ί, WGR πŸ“»

LGR4GM

I'm making a prediction: The Mitt/Krebbs/Olofsson line will score a goal in this game. I'm putting my credibility in on the line. When one doesn't have much to give, there is not much to take. 🀑

Β I have a simple recommendation for Krebbs and also Mitts: If you have a shooting lane, freaking shoot it!Β 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Is the Lube Man hurt again ??

He needs more Lube himself.

Boushh needs to start facing up to shooters when attempting his shot blocks. He's missed multiple games on 2 occasions now after blocking shots with the side of his foot/ankle/leg. Or... start wearing shin guards facing in all directions.

• Agree 2

24 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'm making a prediction: The Mitt/Krebbs/Olofsson line will score a goal in this game. I'm putting my credibility in on the line. When one doesn't have much to give, there is not much to take. 🀑

Β I have a simple recommendation for Krebbs and also Mitts: If you have a shooting lane, freaking shoot it!Β 

Agree on the shooting lanes and Krebbs in particular. He gets the puck and in most cases it looks like he’s playing hot potato and immediately looks to pass it. Shoot the friggin puck .

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Boushh needs to start facing up to shooters when attempting his shot blocks. He's missed multiple games on 2 occasions now after blocking shots with the side of his foot/ankle/leg. Or... start wearing shin guards facing in all directions.

Especially considering how light basic skates are, not sure why all defensemen & defensive F's don't wear the Jay McKee shells on their skates.

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Especially considering how light basic skates are, not sure why all defensemen & defensive F's don't wear the Jay McKee shells on their skates.

As a defenceman, I wore those on my skates in the 1970's.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Believer said:

Agree with your opinions except for UPL… If he and Krebs are expected to be part of the future, both need to be playing regularly and developing in Rochester… Bring up Houser or Subban until Comrie returns… Hope to see Mittelstadt part of a trade package before the deadline

Subban and Houser suck. No way.Β 

2 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

He needs Craig Ludvig shin guards!Β  Maybe get a second set for Mule as well!

Edited by Carmel Corn
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Buffalo gets to face one of the worst defenseman in league yet hes going to win the norris trophy.

Β 

If the only criteria are scoring, then he might beat Dahlin.Β  If the voter looks at the whole game, then Dahlin might get it.Β Β 

Old school, non-fancy stat comparison:Β  Β 

PlayerΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  GΒ  Β  Β  Β AΒ  Β  PtsΒ  Β  Β TOIΒ  Β  Β  HitsΒ  Β BlkΒ  Β PIMΒ  Β  Β +/-

ErikssonΒ  Β  Β  Β 11Β  Β  22Β  Β 33Β  Β  Β 25:11Β  Β  12Β  Β  Β 29Β  Β  Β 8Β  Β  Β  -3Β Β 

DahlinΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  8Β  Β  19Β  Β  27Β  Β  26:12Β  Β  39Β  Β  42Β  Β  36Β  Β  Β +9Β Β 

Β 

Eriksson is scoring more.Β  Now factor in defensive play, physicality (a real word), and impact on team play - Dahlin looks like a guy that does more.Β Β 

Sabres have 21 pts in 24 games with +1 goal differential.Β  Β Sharks have 20 pts in 27 games with -18 goal differential.Β 

Anyone have some fancy stat data to compare them?Β Β 

Β 

Β 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Dreams Burn Down said:

Unfortunately, the cupboard is pretty bare these days.

Which is why Portillo has as direct a path to the NHL in Buffalo as he would have anywhere else.Β  Comrie will be a UFA after next year.Β  Anderson will be retired.Β  UPL will likely be heading to the SEL or Finnish league, which leaves Levi as his competition.Β  (Plus whomever they sign to platoon w/ Comrie next year.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Which is why Portillo has as direct a path to the NHL in Buffalo as he would have anywhere else.Β  Comrie will be a UFA after next year.Β  Anderson will be retired.Β  UPL will likely be heading to the SEL or Finnish league, which leaves Levi as his competition.Β  (Plus whomever they sign to platoon w/ Comrie next year.)

My hopes are with Portillo and/or Levi despite the latter's size.Β  This season, it appears that we are what we are in goal.Β  Unless KA has something up his sleeve prior to the deadline, scoring four goals plus will be the bare minimum on most nights.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

If the only criteria are scoring, then he might beat Dahlin.Β  If the voter looks at the whole game, then Dahlin might get it.Β Β 

Old school, non-fancy stat comparison:Β  Β 

PlayerΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  GΒ  Β  Β  Β AΒ  Β  PtsΒ  Β  Β TOIΒ  Β  Β  HitsΒ  Β BlkΒ  Β PIMΒ  Β  Β +/-

ErikssonΒ  Β  Β  Β 11Β  Β  22Β  Β 33Β  Β  Β 25:11Β  Β  12Β  Β  Β 29Β  Β  Β 8Β  Β  Β  -3Β Β 

DahlinΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  8Β  Β  19Β  Β  27Β  Β  26:12Β  Β  39Β  Β  42Β  Β  36Β  Β  Β +9Β Β 

Β 

Eriksson is scoring more.Β  Now factor in defensive play, physicality (a real word), and impact on team play - Dahlin looks like a guy that does more.Β Β 

Sabres have 21 pts in 24 games with +1 goal differential.Β  Β Sharks have 20 pts in 27 games with -18 goal differential.Β 

Anyone have some fancy stat data to compare them?Β Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

26BED879-699A-47F4-BB28-161A5945645A.jpeg

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Agree on the shooting lanes and Krebbs in particular. He gets the puck and in most cases it looks like he’s playing hot potato and immediately looks to pass it. Shoot the friggin puck .

It's exasperating when you watch the same problem over and over. It's like when we repeatedly watched Risto cluelessly chase a man leaving the front of the net uncovered. There's no question that Krebs is a pass first center. But sometimes you have to react to the situation and go against your first instincts.Β 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.