OT: Weather (just weather)

JJFIVEOH

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

The worst of the storm is past me at this point.  Not sure how high the winds got buy my sliding glass door was rattling and flexing so I closed the door to that room.  Still breezy and pretty good rain but I think we'll be okay.

Glad you are OK.  Just getting ready to hit here in Dallas next 5 min

15 hours ago, Spoonman said:

@Doohickie@RochesterExpat& @Redneck

Fort Worth:  National Weather Service: SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING in effect for this area until 6:30 PM CST for DESTRUCTIVE 80 mph winds. Take shelter in a sturdy building, away from windows. Flying debris may be deadly to those caught without shelter.

All the phones in the rink went off at the same time for this alert and all the kids stopped playing and looked around confused. It was kind of funny.

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

They're calling for 8-12" all week for tonight thru Wednesday. Meanwhile it's 40 and rainy. If we get a cm I'll be surprised. The grass won't be covered when I wake up on Thursday. 

Where?  I have to drive through PA tomorrow and don't want to get hit w/ a storm.

15 hours ago, ubkev said:

They're calling for 8-12" all week for tonight thru Wednesday. Meanwhile it's 40 and rainy. If we get a cm I'll be surprised. The grass won't be covered when I wake up on Thursday. 

I gave that a thumbs up because I agreed with it. I should have given it a thumbs down because this winter, and this storm, suck.

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Buffalo is running away with the National Golden Snow Globe Award(snowiest US city with over 100K population) and going to almost assuredly win back to back titles.  Up to over 132 inches as of today and still snowing although not much more is expected.

image.thumb.png.70ea33c43ccba00ff90522c68c3b9b18.png

And the lake isn't even frozen. I think Buffalo could get another whopper, even though they've already had 2 this season.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I gave that a thumbs up because I agreed with it. I should have given it a thumbs down because this winter, and this storm, suck.

And the lake isn't even frozen. I think Buffalo could get another whopper, even though they've already had 2 this season.

It never froze all year...an extremely warm January and warmer than average February turned a lot of the snow we would have gotten in those months into almost all rain events or we could be sitting at over 200" now.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, French Collection said:

High winds and wet snow in New Hampshire and Massachusetts right now. Storm is moving north through New England.

It has made it's way Nor'East of there and is here late this afternoon and has decided to stay the night.

Good thing is went out this morning and ..