OT: Weather (just weather)

JJFIVEOH

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Usually warmer and dryer in the Northeast 

Usually but not always. The North Atlantic Oscillation(NAO), for instance can be a better predictor of this for us many times or at least is a very important factor in determining this, along with some others.

Edited by matter2003

Rain and more rain.  Most of NS is under water.  Some places got 4 months rain in 24 hours.  Power is out for many and flooding is widespread.  Our road in from civilization washed out, but is passable (if you are an idiot) this morning.  We were very lucky. 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I figured people would be chirping him.

I put any manner of beans in chili when I make it. But I know most Texans are insistent that beans have no place in chili.

It's kind of like eating wings with ranch.  It's frowned upon but some people do it anyway. 

On 7/23/2023 at 10:20 AM, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Rain and more rain.  Most of NS is under water.  Some places got 4 months rain in 24 hours.  Power is out for many and flooding is widespread.  Our road in from civilization washed out, but is passable (if you are an idiot) this morning.  We were very lucky. 

Just be happy you aren't in India where some areas get 15-25 inches of rain a day during this time of year and it's normal and happens every year.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

I have a wedding this week on friday about an hour from Dallas. Temperature is supposed to be about 110° and fully sunny outside. And it's an outdoor wedding.

Getting in and out, I'm not going to be there for long.

I've been to a few of those.  Yuck.  What city are you going to?

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I've been to a few of those.  Yuck.  What city are you going to?

Coppell.

I haven't visited them before but I think that's the name of the suburb they are in. Wedding venue is about another twenty or thirty minutes away from there but I don't know the name of that town.

Everyone is flying into DFW airport.

I lived in Florida for quite a few years. One reason I moved back was the weather. I got used to the heat in the summer but I never liked it.

I'd rather deal with about three very cold months per year, four months of light jacket weather, and five months of beautiful weather.... Rather than oppressive heat for 6+ months per year.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Coppell.

Ah, just north of DFW Airport.  I'm about 35 miles SW of the airport.

Summer weddings suck even in normal heat.  But we're well beyond normal heat.  I think they're saying this is currently the 3rd hottest? summer on record (as measured by 100 degree days, and we're still adding to that).

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Ah, just north of DFW Airport.  I'm about 35 miles SW of the airport.

Summer weddings suck even in normal heat. 

The couple is fully embracing everything about Texas including the heat. I think they had an opportunity to move the wedding inside but they elected to have it outside. They're both from the Northeast, yet since they got to Texas, they want that lifestyle. They want the outdoor wedding, cowboy boots and cowboy hats are part of their everyday attire - even at work, drive, big full size, pickup trucks, etc. It's not for me and I would have moved the wedding inside for sure but it's their big day and something they want to remember for the rest of their lives.

It’s a gorgeous Buffalo summer morning, here in New Jersey, today. 68 degrees, no humidity, sunny, with a light breeze,… perfect.

Its been a long time since I have actually felt cool (from a temperature standpoint, of courseđŸ˜‚) sitting outside.

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...