OT: Weather (just weather)

JJFIVEOH

With the leafs falling and other sorts of retribution from the sky I will just hide under my bed until the madness is over

Welcome to our misery... or rewelcome cause I know youve been there. Man you guys need more bulldog like Matthews and D that can skate... You have some, just not enough.

PS Traffic was a mess today. Start of the day 36 degrees ice and monsoon end of the day 60 and sunshine...wtf

Welcome to our misery... or rewelcome cause I know youve been there. Man you guys need more bulldog like Matthews and D that can skate... You have some, just not enough.

PS Traffic was a mess today. Start of the day 36 degrees ice and monsoon end of the day 60 and sunshine...wtf

The ice flat out scary driving . Hoping everyone came through it safely

Baseball cancelled today as ice fell from CN Tower putting a hole in the Skydime roof( Rogers Center)

The series thus far not a total surprise . Just the extent of the beatdowns. Leafs are two years from being more than just a playoff team . Young are learning their lessons. Young and better help coming .

Family in Florida, North Carolina and southern calif are all laughing at us for living here.

We'll see how they feel the next time there is a hurricane, wildfire, or, well, living in North Carolina.

Edited by SwampD

We'll see how they feel the next time there is a hurricane, wildfire, or, well, living in North Carolina.

I feel like North Carolina is the pit stop for 30-late 40 something New Yorkers on their way to God's Waiting Room, Florida.

That's the thing. You really can't call them on it, because when they have bad weather, PEOPLE ARE GOING TO DIE! They don't have half the class or restraint we do. They don't realize, or care, that people suffer up here in the winter. People die on the roads. Some don't have enough, or any, heat. And the mental toll is high. I find this weather to be disturbing and unsettling.

• 1 month later...

I had to turn on my heat in June. Smdh.

I'd kill for cold weather right now. We've been getting highs in the low 90's for a while and it's only going to get worse until October.

We hit 100 over the weekend.  It was hot.  We had a "cold front" come through and drop it into the mid-90s.  That was so much more comfortable.  100+ with the Texas wind feels like a blast furnace.

Is that temperature or heat index? Either way, I feel for you. My family took the southern route through Texas from Irvine, CA to Jacksonville, NC when my Dad got stationed here back in  the summer of 1994. Just stepping out of the car and walking from the parking lot to the gas station/burger king/where ever made me feel like I was going to die. I can only imagine it's gotten worse in the 24 years since.

Is that temperature or heat index? Either way, I feel for you. My family took the southern route through Texas from Irvine, CA to Jacksonville, NC when my Dad got stationed here back in  the summer of 1994. Just stepping out of the car and walking from the parking lot to the gas station/burger king/where ever made me feel like I was going to die. I can only imagine it's gotten worse in the 24 years since.

I hate heat index.  That was the real temps.