GDT: Chicago at Buffalo, 10/29/22, 7pm, MSG, WGR, and your favorite illegal streaming option.

Eleven

Granato lit a fire under them after the second period… Much more assertive… Checked into the boards… Went to the net… Excellent response from the players…

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I’d say being forced to play with your 7th, 8th, and 9th defensemen for any stretch is unsustainable. By “any stretch” I mean one period or longer. 

Up to KA to fix it… 

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Taps Tweet 

Does it mean more if it comes from Kevin? Just type it if it's your opinion. I wasn't calling out Kevin, specifically. 

I get that VO is Sabres' twitter "bad guy" right now but as with Sabres twitter, always, it's dog with a bone when it comes to narratives. VO can't just be struggling in certain areas he needs to be OMGDAWORSTGUY look at da analytics. 

He's also scoring a lot. That helps you win. 

There isn't a player we can put in that's in system who's going to do a better job, if we benched VO. Benched our leading/one of our leading goal scorers.

I'm not so opposed to a VO trade in theory as the idea we need to liquidate him for picks because of the youth we have coming. Is that not your argument? It's twitters, and that's what we're doing here apparently 

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

The only thing ballsier than Domi's fake is the NHL promoting the game by using that Ducks goal in Buffalo that never should have counted.

How does the ref justify that call?

Whenever they don't call something, we always hear, he just didn't see it. Fine.

On that play, he called something that literally didn't happen.

As it turned out, though, it ended up being the play of the game for the Sabres because it actually got them to ***** play.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 3

Chicago is a very low skill team but they went to the dirty areas with effort and for 2 periods this looked like it would be a disaster. Third period we finally asserted a little physicality and we went to the paint and Thompson played the way I've wanted him to play all along. Use that body, use that size, GO TO THE NET and not just float around the outside looking for snap shots. We need to play like this for 60 minutes. Hopefully the end result drives this home to them and we see that kind of effort we saw in the 3rd all the time. 

This could have been a disaster and maybe even the return of soft loser identity but as it went, maybe it'll be the true realization for them of what it takes to win in this league. Fingers crossed. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

All I know is looking at the east, its a close start of season, everything is grouped nicely together and we are in the thick of it.

The difference between us and last place is only 4 points, going to  be a rough season and battle this one.   Also ***** boston 😛

Monday's game against the Red Wings is an early big game IMO.   Have to win these division games now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

I saw the Red Wings Bruins game. They did not impress me. If we play like we did in the 3rd against Chicago we can definitely beat them. Even with the injuries.

Thanks for your take on them.  With all the sports going on I haven't watched any other hockey but the Sabres.

• Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Chicago is a very low skill team but they went to the dirty areas with effort and for 2 periods this looked like it would be a disaster. Third period we finally asserted a little physicality and we went to the paint and Thompson played the way I've wanted him to play all along. Use that body, use that size, GO TO THE NET and not just float around the outside looking for snap shots. We need to play like this for 60 minutes. Hopefully the end result drives this home to them and we see that kind of effort we saw in the 3rd all the time. 

This could have been a disaster and maybe even the return of soft loser identity but as it went, maybe it'll be the true realization for them of what it takes to win in this league. Fingers crossed. 

All 3 of the Blackhawk goals were from like a foot in front of the net and the first two were from scrambles in front of the net.

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I'm not so opposed to a VO trade in theory as the idea we need to liquidate him for picks because of the youth we have coming.

Agree… If we could get another proven physical defender 28 or younger like Lyubushkin and a mucker forward the same age who knows how to hang around the crease and score… it would be a decent exchange… Would even throw in Bryson or Pilot… Time for KA to do that part of his GM job… 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.