GDT: Chicago at Buffalo, 10/29/22, 7pm, MSG, WGR, and your favorite illegal streaming option.

Eleven

39 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Nope. I’m simply asking how many teams have NHL quality depth in their 7 thru 9 defensemen.

I have no idea. I do watch Bruins games and I know they survived and thrived with half their starting D out. They have prospects like Ahcan who can't even crack the line up and get out of the AHL. I know Carolina had enough depth they could give Bear away. I know Philly was fine with Risto out. (actually, they were better, which is a point worth ending on) . 

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Yes, Samuelsson and Lybushkin gave us improvement in that area. Problem is we don't have similar guys in the pipeline ready to step in and fill that hole with the injury. Our D pool (both young prospects and competent Fitz level AHL subs) is simply too thin. 

We could use Borgen right about now. Hated to see him go.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Zamboni said:

The myth of Borgen and the reality of Borgen seem to be two very different things 😂

But it's not wrong. Borgen is a solid 3rd pairing guy with grit and toughness. He is playing well for Seattle, is a fan favourite, and we could definitely use a guy like that right now. So call that a myth if you want to. 

• Like (+1) 1

Finally finished this game this morning. 

Other than three quick goals and a few bad shifts late in the second, early third I thought the Sabres carried play and were the better team.

They deserved to win, glad they did. 

Power getting big minutes is going to speed up his progression.

I thought he was noticeably better in the O zone in this game. 

Their goal celebratory circles caught my attention.

They have a very tight group right now. They seem to truly love playing for the next man.

Good *****! 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.