GDT: Chicago at Buffalo, 10/29/22, 7pm, MSG, WGR, and your favorite illegal streaming option.

Eleven

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

I predict a big night for Big Eric and Tage is due for a hattie.  Skinner had a goal last time so he is due for a hottie.

Also of note ... every single NHL game is streamed on SN in Canada.  This one is a Premium game and one needs to subscribe to SN NOW+ for it, but it is legal in Canada and I am sure it's widely available on *Pirate Satellite* in Buffalo, NY and maybe all over the world wide interwebs.

If the Hawks are able to play the same defensive style as the Kraken and Habs the Sabres won't win. The Sabres have not adapted over the past 2 games to teams that take away the stretch plays and have the speed to forecheck effectively at the same time.

No idea what to expect because the Hawks aren't supposed to be good... but if they are fast it will be a problem for the Sabres. I was considering going to this game, but woke up feeling like crap and sadly it wasn't from a great Friday night.

Edited by LTS
  • dislike 1

Not good for Pilut.  But then no reason to have him in the lineup either.

I like splitting up Dahlin and Power, but I think the Power-Fitzgerald pair will struggle.  Power isn't good enough yet to overcome a D partner who also lacks experience. I would prefer him with Boosh. It would be nice if they'd go get another veteran, non-flashy defender to add to the depth.  Right now your "experienced" D is Dahlin and Boosh.

Sigh.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, LTS said:

If the Hawks are able to play the same defensive style as the Kraken and Habs the Sabres won't win. The Sabres have not adapted over the past 2 games to teams that take away the stretch plays and have the speed to forecheck effectively at the same time.

No idea what to expect because the Hawks aren't supposed to be good... but if they are fast it will be a problem for the Sabres. I was considering going to this game, but woke up feeling like crap and sadly it wasn't from a great Friday night.

Lol the Habs defense. What a vaunted unit that got caved in by Buffalo. 

37 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Asplund still not in is still not smart

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Lol the Habs defense. What a vaunted unit that got caved in by Buffalo. 

Love your dismissive response.  Caved in?  Amazing given that they lost.  I think the teams had similar analytics other than shots.  Although I am not sure the Sabres had better quality shots overall.

My reference is the ability of the Canadiens, in many instances, to force the Sabres D into turnovers in the zone by cutting off the stretch breakout.  This was done mostly by the speed of the forecheck as well as the Canadiens sitting back on the breakout players.  They got the Sabres out of sorts and tired and the puck was in the net. The Sabres often ended up with odd-man chances against because the forwards were playing too high on the breakout and when the turnover occurred the Canadiens were able to get numbers and into open ice positions.

For what it's worth, your response could be so much better. You know a ton about this stuff, if you disagree with my assessment I'm certainly open to your point of view, but I fail to see how your response aids in the conversation. Why not just skip over what I said if that's the extent of your contribution?

• Like (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

1 minute ago, LTS said:

Love your dismissive response.  Caved in?  Amazing given that they lost.  I think the teams had similar analytics other than shots.  Although I am not sure the Sabres had better quality shots overall.

My reference is the ability of the Canadiens, in many instances, to force the Sabres D into turnovers in the zone by cutting off the stretch breakout.  This was done mostly by the speed of the forecheck as well as the Canadiens sitting back on the breakout players.  They got the Sabres out of sorts and tired and the puck was in the net. The Sabres often ended up with odd-man chances against because the forwards were playing too high on the breakout and when the turnover occurred the Canadiens were able to get numbers and into open ice positions.

For what it's worth, your response could be so much better. You know a ton about this stuff, if you disagree with my assessment I'm certainly open to your point of view, but I fail to see how your response aids in the conversation. Why not just skip over what I said if that's the extent of your contribution?

Go look at the shot share, xgf, and hdcf. We dominated the Habs but yes we lost so must mean we panic! 

I've already covered the Habs. I don't have much interest adding to a conversation based solely on losing a game we were the better team in. I bet Calgary freaked out after they were better than us and lost. 

Also, I watched the Habs the game. What goal was the result of the breakout pass being stopped?

4 minutes ago, LTS said:

n. Why not just skip over what I said if that's the extent of your contribution?

What you said was wrong. You,  like any 70% of this board, PANIC after every loss and lose objectivety about what actually happened. Like saying we lost a game that we dominated large stretches of because of the speed of Montreal. It's just not the reality. It's fake news. 

• dislike 1

We lost to Montreal because they got 2 lucky goals off deflections while we hit posts or watched shot barely dribble wide, or saw stuff pinball around. You want to argue we don't get to rebounds fine, that's reality. You want to argue the Montreal Canadiens somehow outplayed us using some magical game plan you think exists, no. We played well, and lost. It happens every 82 game season to every team. 

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Here. This right here is not the reality. The kraken did that but Montreal did not. If we had won that game everyone including you would be all sunshine and sparkles but nope we lost so time to panic. 

16 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

We lost to Montreal because they got 2 lucky goals off deflections while we hit posts or watched shot barely dribble wide, or saw stuff pinball around. You want to argue we don't get to rebounds fine, that's reality. You want to argue the Montreal Canadiens somehow outplayed us using some magical game plan you think exists, no. We played well, and lost. It happens every 82 game season to every team. 

Yet  it happens to buffalo all the time and i hear the same excuses all the time.

***** happens but you cant be giving out excuses they lost  Plain and simple .

1 hour ago, LTS said:

So now we can’t beat bad teams that are fast? That might not be good for the race to 8th. I want to only take my kids to the games where we play bad, slow teams. How many of those do we have?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.