GDT:Sabres at Vancouver 10/22/22 10pm MSG, CBC, WGR 550

Brawndo

22 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

This is the calmest game for Power so far.  He has looked very solid tonight.

He's been playing better since playing 30 minutes w/ Samuelsson.  He settled down the 2nd 1/2 of that Florida game and has been improving since.  Getting away from Jokiharju didn't hurt any either.

Well this is starting to be fun isn't it? 

I try not to get TOO excited. I still remember the pain of the 10 game win streak but I'm liking what I'm seeing. 

Everything just feels different this time. Feels like a team. Finally. 

I thought this was Power's best game so far. He definitely stepped up and looks like he's starting to be more comfortable with things. Maybe the pairing with Lybushkin had a little to do with it. Dahlin has arrived in full now I think. This is the guy we hoped we'd see when we took him #1.

Bit of a rough game for Peterka imo but this will happen with rookies. I'm not worried. Mitts seems to be getting better each game and is also looking like a different player from last year. As is Cozens. Asplund solid.

Obviously the Samuelsson injury is troubling. Quinn didn't impress me and I still think he's not ready. If they don't want to send him down for a bit maybe just keep alternating Krebs and him on the 4th line until one of them starts to seize the job full time. All in all though, this is so much better than I expected this year. Hope it lasts.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Digger said:

A real nice road win.  Well done boys.  I do hope that Vancouver wins a game now that we've won tonight.  Our expansion brothers.

That shot by Hinostroza that went off both posts along the line was bizarre.

We had one that went off crossbar v Oil Thursday also 

• Like (+1) 1

Wow. This team is fun. The league had better watch out for Dahlin. He always showed that he could play at a high level, but now he's doing it consistently, every shift, every game.

These guys are clearly all very comfortable playing for Granato. There doesn't seem to be much confusion or hesitation during play. Great hockey to watch. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Pilut will play obviously, and I dont' think he will be that much of a step down.  Might even be a bit better than Fitzgerald or Bryson right now.  Whoever is the next call up though.....Not so sure I'd have confidence in a lot of ice time for whoever that is.

Pilut was already called up.  Yes he is at least as good as Bryson & Fitzgerald.  The issue is he's a significant drop-off from Samuelsson.

Hopefully we don't have to see whoever else comes up because, yes, there is a huge drop-off from 8 to 9.

And this is why Pilut was sent down instead of the other 2 in the top 8 that had to clear waivers.

A few short observations on the game.

Props to Dahlin. He deserves what he’s getting with how he’s playing.

Hopefully Samuelsson isn’t out too long.

It was great how we took complete control of that 3rd period and basically made the Canucks our b1tch.

thats it, its late and I’m turning in.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Pilut was already called up.  Yes he is at least as good as Bryson & Fitzgerald.  The issue is he's a significant drop-off from Samuelsson.

Hopefully we don't have to see whoever else comes up because, yes, there is a huge drop-off from 8 to 9.

True. I think we've built a D with the depth to withstand 2, but very unlikely as many as 3 injuries. Unless the third one is to one of the 7/8 guys (Fitz/pilut)

Edited by Thorny

20 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That desperation can often work against you. 

Yep.  The looks at their bench pretty much all the 3rd period showed a team that was ready to lose.  That 1st Olofsson goal was the excuse they were looking for to quit.

Looked like the Sabres during the Covid season.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.