Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Yes Maroon is better but Reaves was available. That's all. It's simply the same idea. A hole that has been there for years and is still there. 

Everywhere now? I don't think that's true, but maybe for NHL arenas it is now. 

Amusing tidbit. Borgen and Beniers apparently reside together. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/matty-beniers-will-borgen-go-christmas-tree-hunting-for-their-home/c-338867588?tid=281396148

Literally everywhere I’ve ever skated over the past 30 years up and down the east coast

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Wood was in reference to the boards. It is what they are made out of and if I slammed you into them you'd know how that felt. IT hurts more than you think. 

Where is the evidence of this close knit team all jumping in and doing anything????? It's a fantasy you have and I wish it was true but to this point in time it's not. Skinner cheap shotting Guentzel (the goon?) is hardly evidence of team toughness. 

All I said about Reaves was it was a simple cheap stop gap measure that imo would make this team better, so that next time maybe Maroon doesn't run our goalie. Maybe.

Idk about you, but I'm still waiting for somebody on this team to hit Kucherov. Just once. When they do that. When somebody does that. Maybe then I will believe you about these fearless kids and their team spirit. Until then, they're still the softer than butter Sabres they've been for years. 

Glad you're advocating injuring me again. 

It's a fantasy in your brain, a fever dream, that Reeves deters anyone from anything. 

Have a great day. 

4 hours ago, Curt said:

I just think that Reaves is so bad at hockey that it’s not worth it.  

He is but he is scary! Like the bogeyman so that will stop a team from... idk looking at Quinn wrong. 

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Um.  Wow.  That's all I can muster.  I can't believe what he did is even possible.

Pretty freakin cool. Still kinda glad it didn’t work.

It’s bad enough that lacrosse has seeped into hockey, but jai alai is a step too far.

• Haha (+1) 5

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

It's a fantasy in your brain, a fever dream, that Reeves deters anyone from anything. 

Have a great day. 

He is but he is scary! Like the bogeyman so that will stop a team from... idk looking at Quinn wrong. 

He was valuable for Vegas that one year, to be fair, was a huge pain for the jets in the conference final. 

I think the concept of prime reaves has merit, but from what we hear he’s not that anymore 

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Um.  Wow.  That's all I can muster.  I can't believe what he did is even possible.

Degree of difficulty severely decreased when the puck can be launched 50 feet over the net, no? Haha 

Edited by Thorny
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

He was valuable for Vegas that one year, to be fair, was a huge pain for the jets in the conference final. 

I think the concept of prime reaves has merit, but from what we hear he’s not that anymore 

Degree of difficulty severely decreased when the puck can be launched 50 feet over the net, no? Haha 

Prime reeves wasn't a deterrent. He was a forecheck machine which, I'm all for getting. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Curt said:

I just think that Reaves is so bad at hockey that it’s not worth it.  

To clarify, I'm not a huge fan of his, but much like Bill Guerin, I do think he would have brought us a thing we lack and would have increased our playoff chances, even if he didn't even dress for every game. We need a somebody like him (ideally younger and more skilled, but similar)

15 hours ago, Curt said:

Simple google search, looks like they are pretty much all plastic.  I’m sure that they used to be wood years ago.

Still wood in the rink I play pick up in occasionally. Guess it's old. 

10 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Have a great day. 

lol, maybe I should be, but back in context what I was saying was IF we were playing against each other on the ice and you took your stick to one of my guy's heads I would face plant you into the boards hard thereafter. I'd drop them with you in that instance but guys who are afraid to drop their lumber rarely have the courage to fight. 

Point being again, your defense of using a stick to a guy's head is simply wrong. Just wrong. 

Lastly Reaves is scary to some, that's what makes him useful. We have no one who makes anyone scared of us in any way. 

3 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

lol, maybe I should be, but back in context what I was saying was IF we were playing against each other on the ice and you took your stick to one of my guy's heads I would face plant you into the boards hard thereafter. I'd drop them with you in that instance but guys who are afraid to drop their lumber rarely have the courage to fight. 

Point being again, your defense of using a stick to a guy's head is simply wrong. Just wrong. 

Lastly Reaves is scary to some, that's what makes him useful. We have no one who makes anyone scared of us in any way. 

Lol you wouldn't know context if it punched you. 

I said idc that Skinner got the guy in the chin but here you are 🤥 making it sound like I'm all for ppl baseball batting ppls heads. 

Also if you ever played me? What are you 5? "If we ever played I'd get you!" LOL guess what? We'll never meet in person so save your bravado for someone it might work on. 

On 12/16/2022 at 3:15 AM, LGR4GM said:

Sabres players have to learn to defend themselves and stick up for each other because that's how you become a tough team, standing up for yourself and each other. It isn't by running to daddy every time someone bumps you. That's why I have no problem with the Skinner suspension, touch our goalie take a stick to the face. Grit and toughness require a team approach not bringing in some 10 min a night bottom line guy. You know what's scarier than Reeves? 5 players on the ice making a beeline towards you because you done f'd up. 

So this is what you wrote. 

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Lol you wouldn't know context if it punched you. 

I said idc that Skinner got the guy in the chin but here you are 🤥 making it sound like I'm all for ppl baseball batting ppls heads. 

Also if you ever played me? What are you 5? "If we ever played I'd get you!" LOL guess what? We'll never meet in person so save your bravado for someone it might work on. 

So I think that was actually pretty good for context after all. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.