Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

They will be much strife over this.  I like Dawson and think he’s hugely underrated.  His dropsies have relinquished.  Athletically, he’s the prototype TE.  With the amount of weapons in the offense, I don’t see his targets dramatically improving but the Bills haven’t had someone like him since Reimersma.  

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve never been a huge Knox fan. He dropped easy balls too much early on and I never understood why guys like that are kept around. The next season he comes out and doesn’t drop balls. I may just need to see another season to believe it wasn’t all a fluke.

Knox never felt intimidating to me like some other TEs have been. He’s just been a favorite outlet for Allen when he scrambles. 

Just now, Brawndo said:

I imagine a combo of Milano or Edmunds and Poyer

Thought Milano got locked up last year.

Poyer is likely a given & if he doesn't start finding ways to fill the proper hole rather than run into a DL you're probably onto something with Edmunds.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Wonder what Poyer thinks of that.

Am glad Knox will be here LT.  Just wondering who they'll have to start losing next year when all these deals start kicking in.

Next year doesn't matter.

THIS is the year that matters.  It is probably the year that matters the most since 1991.

34 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Next year doesn't matter.

THIS is the year that matters.  It is probably the year that matters the most since 1991.

Agree to a degree.  This year is way more important as this is the widest the door has been opened for them this century.  But as long as they have Allen, next year matters too because their window doesn't close until he retires.

Haven't seen whether this deal helps free up money this year or not, but it can't free up much - last year of his rookie deal.  This move wasn't about this year, but the next 3-4 and as such, how it affects next year does matter.  Especially if Poyer weren't the leader he is.  Have no doubt Poyer will put it all out on the field.  A lesser man might not be able to do so and that could hurt this year.

Knox's chemistry with Allen is a huge factor in this.

Also, that one catch that Knox had ... it was a home game ... was it the Pats playoff game? Anyway - it happened right below our seats - Knox had a catch that was batsh1t crazy. He had about a square foot in which to come down in the end zone and managed to do so - in a tightly contested area. IIRC, Allen thought he (Allen) had thrown the ball away, but Knox came down with it for 6.

Consistency is a concern and he's no bruiser in the run game, but the guy's talent as a pass catching TE is elite.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Knox's chemistry with Allen is a huge factor in this.

Also, that one catch that Knox had ... it was a home game ... was it the Pats playoff game? Anyway - it happened right below our seats - Knox had a catch that was batsh1t crazy. He had about a square foot in which to come down in the end zone and managed to do so - in a tightly contested area. IIRC, Allen thought he (Allen) had thrown the ball away, but Knox came down with it for 6.

Consistency is a concern and he's no bruiser in the run game, but the guy's talent as a pass catching TE is elite.

W/ Kromer coaching the O-line he very likely doesn't need to be.  Kromer & Rusty Jones are the 2 guys the Bills let go that always should've been on their radar to bring back.  Glad they got him back.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Wonder what Poyer thinks of that.

Am glad Knox will be here LT.  Just wondering who they'll have to start losing next year when all these deals start kicking in.

I would guess that Poyer wishes he were 4 or 5 years younger.

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

I think this is right.  If Edmunds demands too much, they'll let him go.  Otherwise, they'll extend Edmunds and let Milano go.

Just now, nfreeman said:

I would guess that Poyer wishes he were 4 or 5 years younger.

I think this is right.  If Edmunds demands too much, they'll let him go.  Otherwise, they'll extend Edmunds and let Milano go.

Pretty sure every member of the Bills Mafia feels the same.  He & Hyde have been rocks back there.

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

I doubt Milano goes anywhere. He was extended prior to hitting free agency last year and is locked up thru 2024 with dead cap hits of 8.6m in ‘23 and 5.6m in ‘24. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I doubt Milano goes anywhere. He was extended prior to hitting free agency last year and is locked up thru 2024 with dead cap hits of 8.6m in ‘23 and 5.6m in ‘24. 

If He is cut or traded post 6/1 it’s not as bad

2023 Dead Cap: $3,043,000

2024 Dead Cap: $5,629,0002023

2023 Cap Savings: $10,000,000

Plus the cap should rise with the Direct TV Contract expiring and increased revenue 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

If He is cut or traded post 6/1 it’s not as bad

2023 Dead Cap: $3,043,000

2024 Dead Cap: $5,629,0002023

2023 Cap Savings: $10,000,000

Plus the cap should rise with the Direct TV Contract expiring and increased revenue 

I don’t see any of that on the spotrac site. I don’t subscribe so maybe I don’t have complete access to all the relevant info? Or if you have a more reliable source than spotrac I’d be interested in checking it out.

Cap is defiantly gonna go up as you said. Several new sources of streaming revenue virtually guarantees that.

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I don’t see any of that on the spotrac site. I don’t subscribe so maybe I don’t have complete access to all the relevant info? Or if you have a more reliable source than spotrac I’d be interested in checking it out.

Cap is defiantly gonna go up as you said. Several new sources of streaming revenue virtually guarantees that.

Click on the Dead Cap Total and it gives you the breakdown

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/matt-milano-21905/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1