GDT: Blues at Sabres, April 14 7:00 p.m.

That Aud Smell

3 hours ago, inkman said:

Butcher is such a disaster.  Man I need this season to end so I don’t have to see him any more.  

Just wait until that 5th round pick we got for him becomes like these guys:

Top 10 NHL Draft Picks at Fifth Overall

Ryan Whitney | Penguins 2002

Elias Lindholm | Carolina Hurricanes, 2013. ...

Brayden Schenn | LA Kings, 2009. ...

Elias Pettersson | Vancouver Canucks, 2017. ...

Carey Price | Montreal Canadiens, 2005. ...

Blake Wheeler | Phoenix Coyotes, 2004. ...

Phil Kessel | Boston Bruins, 2006. ...

Bill Guerin | Devils 1987

Scott Stevens | Washington Capitals, 1982.

Jaromir Jagr | Penguins 1990

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Lol I’m not gonna challenge.  Too many nights and too many glasses of whiskey have passed since then.  We were early adopters!

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I can’t claim credit for that one, although I certainly have ripped it off to apply to other players over the years. 😁

Ha. That hard-C alliteration helped it catch on.

Oh, the celebration of the young man's lettuce. Fun.

I will say here, in a safe (Sabre)space: Based on the times I've seen him on camera -- informally (the post-game Sabre presentation) or more formally (interviews) -- he is ... well, I'm not sure. Understated? Low-key? Those are among the charitable ways I can describe what I'm seeing. Maybe his demeanor is influenced by his status as a young player, though. But even that "movies or TV? ranch or bleu cheese" Sabre media thing I saw on Twitter ... dude was ... well, I'll stick with low-key. 

Oh fuggit, I'll add here: Asked what music he's listening to (around the rink (?)), he said he mostly doesn't. Asked if he's a TV or movie guy, he said "TV." Asked what shows he's liked of late, he said he never really watches TV. Maybe it's just all hockey all the time?

Edited by That Aud Smell

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Oh, the celebration of the young man's lettuce. Fun.

I will say here, in a safe (Sabre)space: Based on the times I've seen him on camera -- informally (the post-game Sabre presentation) or more formally (interviews) -- he is ... well, I'm not sure. Understated? Low-key? Those are among the charitable ways I can describe what I'm seeing. Maybe his demeanor is influenced by his status as a young player, though. But even that "movies or TV? ranch or bleu cheese" Sabre media thing I saw on Twitter ... dude was ... well, I'll stick with low-key. 

Oh fuggit, I'll add here: Asked what music he's listening to (around the rink (?)), he said he mostly doesn't. Asked if he's a TV or movie guy, he said "TV." Asked what shows he's liked of late, he said he never really watches TV. Maybe it's just all hockey all the time?

I really think he is a low-key flat-personality hockey nerd.

(Kinda like Crosby and McDavid)

• Thanks (+1) 2

Have you ever been on camera with someone asking you questions?  I have been once or twice.  I have no problem with public speaking, leading meetings at work, whatever.  But for some reason when someone "interviews" me, I just kinda shut down and don't say what's in my brain.  Maybe Owen's the same as that.  It would explain the TV questions.  You're brain is racing a million places almost in a panic but the outer demeanor looks like you've shut down.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

I actually appreciate the concept of the concept here on this board.

I do, too. You know exactly what it means.

4 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Ha. Mike Brady would have been down to see an engorged OP.

Episode 16 GIF by The Simpsons

As the person who lays claim to first turning that phrase - the Concept of Kassian - I appreciate that.

Btw: The archives of this illustrious message board are such that I cannot readily establish having been first in time with it.

I believe you. And as long as you know it, just revel in it.

I've had several things attributed to other folk. I just don't care enough to go digging to prove just how great I actually am. As long as I know it, that's enough for me.😂

3 hours ago, inkman said:

More Weed 

Yes.

Gummies,… I'm a fan.

∆9, though. Ya know, the real stuff. ∆8 makes me anxious.

I've gotten several care packages lately, for the side effects of stuff. (Shhhhhhh, don't tell anyone that I have had zero side effects and feel great)

Looking forward to tonight's game.

Go Sabres!!!!

2 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

Just wait until that 5th round pick we got for him becomes like these guys:

Top 10 NHL Draft Picks at Fifth Overall

Ryan Whitney | Penguins 2002

Elias Lindholm | Carolina Hurricanes, 2013. ...

Brayden Schenn | LA Kings, 2009. ...

Elias Pettersson | Vancouver Canucks, 2017. ...

Carey Price | Montreal Canadiens, 2005. ...

Blake Wheeler | Phoenix Coyotes, 2004. ...

Phil Kessel | Boston Bruins, 2006. ...

Bill Guerin | Devils 1987

Scott Stevens | Washington Capitals, 1982.

Jaromir Jagr | Penguins 1990

2 hours ago, Weave said:

Who wants to tell Mustache….

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I will.

You listed First Round Picks that were fifth overall.  #5 overall in the draft.

The 5th ROUND pick we got for Butcher will be somewhere between #129 and #160 overall.

And this is why I have such a problem with jackwads like Paul Hamilton who constantly use the term 1st overall when discussing first round picks.  If they ain’t the very first player taken, they are just first round picks. Gets it wrong every time. 

13 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

It's my final game of the season before vacation kicks in, so let's go in Sabres and go in full throttle.

Hope you have the mildest of mild symptoms and perk right back up!

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

What he said.

So far it’s mostly been a really bad cold; sinuses draining like Niagara Falls and the like.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.