GDT Nashville Predators @ Buffalo Sabres - Rick Jeanneret Banner Ceremony 6:30

SwampD

Looks like we'll get to see it!

Just looked at the ESPN+ app and the time says 6:30. Pretty cool. Fingers crossed.

Some stuff to watch to get you excited.

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/buffalo-sabres-rick-jeanneret-rj-banner-raising-ceremony-night-retirement-april-1-2022-announcement-night/c-329567788

GO SABRES!!!!

GO RJ!!!!

Edited by SwampD
Stupid cat typing extra letters.
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

RJ Day!!! The old man gets his just reward for 51 years of exemplary service to the whole Buffalo & Hockey Community. I couldn't be happier for him. He'll be missed and we'll be able to send him our Goodbyes. Plus a game with a full house. 1st time for that in what seems like forever. Hopefully the team plays up to it's recent standards and the crowd gets into it. It'll be great for the young guys on this team to feel the power of a full house screaming for them. 

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

• Like (+1) 3

• SDS pinned this topic
13 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Let's do it for RJ. The man has been calling Sabres games my entire life. I wish we could have gotten him one more playoff series 😞

Thanks for everything RJ!!!

Like all the Sabre alum ... he deserves a cup as much as anyone.  Hopefully, the Sabres will get him one in his retirement.  Hopefully, the Sabres will get us all one.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Like all the Sabre alum ... he deserves a cup as much as anyone.  Hopefully, the Sabres will get him one in his retirement.  Hopefully, the Sabres will get us all one.

We all know if Rick is alive and we're playing for a cup, he's coming back

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

If I can’t get home in time to watch the ceremony will I be able to listen on Audacy app on my phone or does the app not cover live games?

You probably need to get the pre-game on WGR 550.

• Thanks (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I have a clipping of a BN photo of a J-J-J-eanneret sign in the Aud.

I heard about that from my siblings.  I was in college our of town when they all went to that game.  They called me at about 11:30 PM to tell me about it.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

If the do a cup run in not too distant future I'd hope he comes back as a guest announcer

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I will be boarding a Southwest flight at 6:50 for a 7:20 departure. 

If ESPN+ covers it I hope I can stream it later.  

I hate missing this.   MUST WIN!!!

If your TV provider at home carries MSG, you can probably watch it on a mobile app with airplane wifi.

Edited by Eleven

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

If your TV provider at home carries MSG, you can probably watch it on a mobile app with airplane wifi.

Thanks.  I don’t have MSG, just ESPN+   

Hoping to see it after the fact somehow. 

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Thanks.  I don’t have MSG, just ESPN+   

Hoping to see it after the fact somehow. 

As a last resort check YouTube. Someone, probably several people, will record it from their seat and post it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

As a last resort check YouTube. Someone, probably several people, will record it from their seat and post it.

The Sabres should record it and archive it on their website.  

I will be boarding during the ceremony.  Unbelievable.  Mrs Punch just told me to relax about it and don’t drive her crazy.  

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.