GDT Nashville Predators @ Buffalo Sabres - Rick Jeanneret Banner Ceremony 6:30

SwampD

Thank you, RJ

I missed the raising to the rafters last night but watched the video 1st thing this morning.

Tears rolled off my face.  Thank you for so many, many wonderful years.  You are a legacy of my team

go Sabres

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Cityo'Rasmii said:

Thank you, RJ

I missed the raising to the rafters last night but watched the video 1st thing this morning.

Tears rolled off my face.  Thank you for so many, many wonderful years.  You are a legacy of my team

go Sabres

It's like watching your wonderful loving Dad grow old.

Beautiful, but sad. 

How can anyone not shed a happy tear?

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

Whenever I listen to Okposo talk I come away being impressed with how thoughtful and insightful he is. When asked a question he doesn't give a pablum response to it. He thinks about the question and then clearly responds to it. He doesn't evade or attempt to skirt any issue. He's a high character guy who conducts himself with dignity. I'm just so impressed by him. There are a select few people who by their mere presence are a positive influence on others. He's one of them. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Whenever I listen to Okposo talk I come away being impressed with how thoughtful and insightful he is. When asked a question he doesn't give a pablum response to it. He thinks about the question and then clearly responds to it. He doesn't evade or attempt to skirt any issue. He's a high character guy who conducts himself with dignity. I'm just so impressed by him. There are a select few people who by their mere presence are a positive influence on others. He's one of them. 

Totally agree. Tim Murray gets killed for his mix in the locker room, but he got this one right.  

KO probably made too much money to bother coaching (and his kids are young), but I would love to have him in a developmental/coaching role once his playing days are over.  

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Everyone talking about Tuch but Okposo is the captain of this team. 

I agree with you that Okposo should be wearing the C letter. But he is such a sterling person that whether he is wearing a letter or not he is a well respected leader who is going to be listened to. 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I agree with you that Okposo should be wearing the C letter. But he is such a sterling person that whether he is wearing a letter or not he is a well respected leader who is going to be listened to. 

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed they didn't give it to him this year.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/1/2022 at 10:06 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

That's a shame because I've never been more engaged with the Sabres. It's been most satisfying seeing this team pull themselves up.

I'm definitely more locked in lately than I've been for a LONG time. Texting friends during games, actually getting excited like I did in the past.

Mind you, I was away from the region from 1996 to 2012. And as fortune would have it, I moved to Dallas for a couple years, and even worked briefly at a restaurant on the same block as Hully and Mo's. The front page newspaper reports of that Hull goal were literally plastered to the walls. My manager was the lead guitar player/founder of Deep Blue Something (Breakfast at Tiffany's one-hit wonder). Restaurant stories. 

I was geeked when LaFontaine took his job in the front office. He had been a hero of mine, and it turned out that he had become a kindred soul with respect to great wine and food. He did a nice job of spending Kim's pocket change at Tempo. Let Pat LaFontaine order the wine, and try to get Kim P to pay the bill. That was my gameplan. Kim Pegula is an excellent tipper. Unfortunately that partnership didn't exactly pan out. 

7 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Mind you, I was away from the region from 1996 to 2012. And as fortune would have it, I moved to Dallas for a couple years

I haven't lived in the Buffalo area since a summer home from college in 1982.   In fact I got away from Buffalo sports altogether for about a decade (the 1980s).  I lived in Fort Worth from 87-91 (pre Dallas Stars), spent 6 years in Detroit where the Wings pulled me back into hockey, and then moved back to Fort Worth in 1997, weeks after the Wings first Cup under that dynasty.  When we moved back we got Center Ice to keep up with the Wings but I started watching the Sabres again too.  My wife still is a Wings fan but when the Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Kronwall core was broken up I lost interest and was back with the Sabres full time.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.